what have you made and can recommend from this months mag?

The chicken pie was delicious:) I only used 3 chicken breasts though and cut them up prior to cooking. Three adults and there is enough leftover to feed another two of us tomorrow.

Oh and I didn't have any mustard but not sure what that would have added to it really.

We had the veg paella last night from the comfort foods supplement. I did add some chilli flakes to give it a kick and synned some chorizo and put that in as well with some pre cooked chicken thighs it was lush :D

Youngest son said it tasted just like the one he had in spain, high praise indeed. It did take longer to cook than the recipe said though.

I am cooking the brocoli pasta bake tomorrow.

we've had the chicken curry tonight, although I used quorn pieces instead of chicken and didn't have any green beans. It was rather scrummy and left clean plates!!

Ive made the Speedy bangers and beans recipe out of the booklet that comes with the new mag and it was lush, the whole family loved it.

We were going to have this tonight but I didn't have all the beans! Shopping tomorrow and will have it with mash and I think some fresh cabbage :)

we have made the smoked salmon pasta which was lovely and will definately be used again.
we have also made the herby salmon burgers.....we will have these again but will make alterations in cooking.....the way they tell you to cook the potatoes for the mash just didnt work-needed much more time! will just do the mash my own way next time......otherwise they were bloody gorgeous!

the chicken and mushroom pies are next on my list from this mag.

we just made and ate for lunch the turkey and mushroom stroganoff from the comfort foods booklet.....yummy!!!! will be doing again for sure.
instead of rice we had it with seasoned courgette cubes.

Brill thread! I haven't done any from latest mag yet, but the carbonara from the last issue was delicious, even my husband liked it and he's really fussy!;)

I have made a few of the pasta dishes and adapted some to what I had in, all were very yummy.

I made the Australian Burgers and shish kebabs exactly as written and they were surprisingly good. Have made the burgers again and added lots of different herbs and spices and they worked out well too.

Definately want to try the stroganoff but am a little worried. I love it with all the creamy taste, is it similar to a full fat one ?

I have just eaten and cooked the chicken pies and I have to say they are one of the best things i've had, it was adsolutely delish even though I say so myself:D

I did not have any fresh Tarragon so i just used a sprinkle of dried rosemary and Thyme and it worked a treat.

Well after reading about all the recipes I went out and bought the mag but there was no comfort food supplement in it :( The recipes in the mag look good though so I'll be trying a lot of those out

Well after reading about all the recipes I went out and bought the mag but there was no comfort food supplement in it :( The recipes in the mag look good though so I'll be trying a lot of those out

which mag do you have?? the month issue and whats on cover??
just wonder if you've got last months by mistake that the shop had hanging around or something?? as this months is in a plastic wrapping due to free booklet.

which mag do you have?? the month issue and whats on cover??
just wonder if you've got last months by mistake that the shop had hanging around or something?? as this months is in a plastic wrapping due to free booklet.

the one with the free booklet was the last magazine. there is a new october issue with a blonde lady in pink out now. :D

Last edited:
I made the chicken curry last night, and it was lush. I have a very fussy hubby and kids but it all got eaten!!! Will definatley make it again.

The October issue is the one with the comfort foods booklet

i missed the speedy bangers tonight - feeling a nit ugh and hubby ate with the kids so we are having it tomorrow :)

The pea and leek pasta with the garlic and herb philly was lovely, made it 3 times in a week for 2.5 syns! Even better if you use your HEXa to put some grated cheese on top.

Back