What have you tried in the past?

*Sally Cinnamon*

We are all on here as we are following the oh so wonderful SW plan, hopefully with great sucesses. I was wondering what other diets people have tried previously and how we found them. Also the pros of cons of such.

I have tried Scottish Slimmers, lost weight relatively quickly and not too bad.

Cabbage Soup Diet, had severe stomach cramps after 2 days and had to come off of it as I felt really ill...

over to you...

xx

Years ago I lost about 40lbs with WW and I had real fun doing it (I used to go with my mate Julie). However, I seem to remember being hungry and sadly I didn't keep it off (did for a fairly long while though).

Now I'm doing SW (EE) and it feels more natural, plus I'm never hungry.

My wife did Atkins and lost quite a lot of weight so I thought I'd do it too. I think I lost about a stone and quite enjoyed the diet at first, but I soon tired of it, the food became very bland and I put the weight back on very quickly.

I tried SW not long after and lost just over 2 stone but because of money problems I thought I continue it at home, without the support though I soon slipped into old habits and gradually put the weight back on.

Several years later and I'm back at SW. I'm going to continue going what ever happens and I'm going to get to target this time :)

I did WW and lost about 5 st but I found it was so flexible I would spend my points on unhealthy options and never really got rid of my bad habits.

I love this as I am eating loads of free good foods and can plan when to have my treats... only one week in but loving it so far and def not hungry !!!!

L xxx

i tried lipotrim.lost 8lbs in 3 days but had to come off it when a friend asked what the funny smell was.i explained that bad breath was a side effect to which she replied "smells like someones sh*t in your gob!)
needless to say that i stopped right away lol x

I did weight watchers and lost 4 stone, as with others I knew I could use my points on lot's of treats so the old habits never died!

I also did cambridge diet for 2 months this year and had to stop when I just couldn't afford it anymore.

I'm now following the sw diet at home and am really enjoying it and not feeling deprived at all!

Tried ww at the begining of the year and lost nothing wouls loose a couple then put back on. On slimming world now and feel much better about it. I have lost 9lb up to now and no gains so far. WW was just to free for me to follow can use your points for any foods healthy or not.
Shaz x

WW was just to free for me to follow can use your points for any foods healthy or not. Shaz x[/QUOTE said:
i found it the same.i mean,a banana and a ww choc eclair were the same points.no prizes for guessing what i chose all the time lol x:)

I have tried Weight Watchers, Atkins, The Scarsdale diet, GI diet, Tesco e diets, The Cabbage Soup diet, Slimfast and 1000 calorie a day diet etc, etc.

The only two that I lost some weight loss with were WW & Scarsdale (but I never kept it off).....but I am now a life long convert to SW, I am finding it suits me so well and I am losing slowly every week now which I am thrilled with.

you are doing consistantly well. well done. My Mum still does the Scarsdale diet... I could never do the Thursday as I hate eggs.

xx

Thank you Sally, I liked the Scarsdale diet but it was rather expensive at the time that I was doing it, but it did work.

I tired gluing my eyes shut so I couldn't see food, but I ended up eating half a sponge thinking it was cake, that's what you get for buying shower gel that smells of food!

well i have tried weight watchers but always run out of points then decided could not be arsed lol but when i was younger not sure what it was but you bought a box of food for a week which was kind of like bean feasts for tea and soup for lunch it turned out to be about 600 kcals a day (no wonder i fainted in school)

i did ww and got to goal twice but never kept it off like another poster put it doesnt change ya habits because you could use ya points for crap if ya wanted,i found i was always hungry and was going to bed at 9 because id ran out of points lol

sw i love because it teaches you healthy eating and im never hungry and there is always something i could snack on thats free if i had no syns left

Hmmm right here goes....
I did SW when I was 15 (Mum went to classes and changed the families eating habits), lost 4.5 stones, met Hubby, gained all of it and more.....tried WW and SW again with varying degrees of success, became complacent and gained.
Cabbage soup.....yuck! Tried it and suffered with severe migranes, had to give that up...Lighterlife, Cambridge, excellent, but very expensive and also the constipation was awful.
Atkins...missed salad veg and didnt want full fat all the time!
Slim fast - disgusting milkshakes, so gave up.
Had a gastric band last year that helped me loose weight, but decided to use SW as a foundation to re-educate my eating habits and it is definitely working!

I tried the cabbage soup diet...and gas was appauling. I lost half a stone though and put it back on. I did cambridge, and lost 1 stone in the first 2 weeks, but I couldn't take eating Nothing, the shakes and soups got boring and my son started to really notice that I was only eating soup every night at dinner and I thought it wasn't a good example. Then i went on SW and lost another stone so it was 2 stone in 2 months, then I got pregnant, so I all i lost back on plus another stone and a half. I did however lose 4 stone on the, don't eat, and only drink alcohol and smoke diet. That worked well, but of course very unheathy. And just after I lost all that weight I got pg for the first time and gained it all back plus and a additional stone. so not too good on the diet from. I have also done slim fast, which worked well in conjunction with daily 1-2 hour work outs and I lost a stone in 2 weeks. Nothing works best I find but good old fashion exercise and eating healthily.

I did Lighter Life until the baby came along and I could no longer afford it, and I've done WW but was hungry so thought I'd give SW a go as I'd done it years before and remembered it was pretty good.

lol are you ready for this:

Slimming World
Rosmary Conoly
Scottish Slimmers
Atkins
Lipobind
Chinese herbal slimming tea (bags of fusty bark)
Phentermine
Diethylpropion
Orlistat
Nowslim
Pink Patches
Adios
Paul McKenna Plan
Hoodia
Holland and Barret Slimming pills
Thermapro (now band in the UK)

All that and i'm still chunky and a few hundred quid down :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back