What helps to keep you motivated?

Overweight = ugly

I dont want to be/feel ugly anymore!

Thats how I feel, have always felt. That I am ugly. Unattractive. Because of this I have a big problem with lack of confidence.

I need to lose weight....to feel that I can live my life. Without worry of what people are thinking of me. Or wondering what can I wear which will cover me up the best. Or being to afraid to go out with friends to parties etc.

Also, I have big occasion coming up next year and I want to look my best for it......

and I love clothes......so when I get to my target size I feel that I can then be myself with my clothes.....and not just trying to find things that cover me up the best.

alot to look forward to :)

My biggest motivation is to find the person I used to be!I used to be so much fun and my weight has prevented me from doing that as now every night out comes with the fear of "what shall i wear?", "will i be the fat one" and "oh no please don't say we're going out for food"!!My weight pretty much dictates my life and I don't want that for myself or anyone I love anymore!I want to be the fun slimmer less hung up version of myself I once was!oh and clothes!i love clothes!

Seeing those pair of 34 waist straight cut jeans in my dresser, just waiting for me!! ..... NOT LONG TO GO !! not bad eh !... I was 44 waist large arse cut... hehehehehh!

phil x

People like Phil motivate me, 5 stone, totally amazing and inspirational!!!!
I have to say that this week (my 1st week) has felt like the longest time ever, infact it has felt like a month rather than 7 days!! Did anyone else feel like this on there 1st week??
Janet x

I want to stay young and be able to do most of the things i can now - i don't think i can do all that a few stone heavier. I'm running half marathons now - and the more i lose the easier the training and quicker the run - and i love the fact that this is now "just something i do" when most people can't or don't believe they can. And i want to look nicer! I don't want to be a stick, but i don't want to be a "big girl". My boobs aren't big enough for a start! I'd like to not be embarrassed when i take my clothes off or get on the beach. I want clothes to fit properly, not trousers with a size 14 waist but size 8 legs! And i want to not worry...i want to live and eat and be happy!

my motivation....
1- ive recently had bak pain...n im gona b 23 next week...so dont want to start a string of bad health...n half my family have either diabeties or cholesterol....so dont want ne of that..

2- i juz feel weighd down now...like im carrying extra baggage...want to be lighter..

3- i want to be able to walk in a shop n not think omg...im too fat for this shop.

4- Another shopping motivator is that i dont want to go to a shop n have to rummage through to the back of the rail to find the biggest size...want to walk in pick up clothes..not go hunting!!!!!

i could list sooo many things...but i think 4 now this is enuf!

happy slimming xxx

Treats! thats my motivation. I love fashion, shoes in particular and now i promise myself a new pair or a new bag etc everytime i lose 7lbs. My husband thought it sounded like a good idea until i managed two lovely purchases within a month! He thinks i will bankrupt him! lol. Knowing that i will look better in my new things by the time i get them also pushes me forward. I love a challenge and i love shopping, so this suits me down to the ground.

I don't want to die young and have a groovy pair of size 12 cords (like the type of stuff I used to wear in my younger, 'hippy' days) I can't wait to fit into. Don't want to have to try and find the biggest size in shops anymore and then find it's too small. And....I want to be able to go to Alton Towers and fit on the rides!

Back