What I Can't Wait For

westiegirl

Gold Member
1. My back not aching when I sit in the same place for too long.
2. Not having to undo my bra as soon as I get in because my back is aching because it's too tight.
3. My knees hurting from going up and down stairs.
4. Not being out of breath from walking up the big hill to my house and up the stairs to my flat on the top floor of a 3 storey house.
5. Not crying because nothing in my wardrobe fits anymore.
6. Not spending hours agonising in front of the mirror to check the outfit that took hours to chose looks ok or not.
7. Not feeling bloated from eating too much of the wrong thing.
8. Not beating myself up for eating that cr@p.
9. Not having people looking at me like I'm a freak because I'm not a "normal" size.
10. Releasing the "real" confident me from inside.

I can't wait until Monday and when I start now :D:D:D

I cant wait to start losing weight either. I wont miss...
1. Hiding away because I dont want anyone to see how much weight I have put on.
2. Having to pretend I get car sick in the back if someones giving me a lift because I dont want to take up too much room in the back and squash the others!!
3. Feeling tired all the time, partly because I am overweight and partly because of the rubbish I feel I have to constantly gorge myself on til I feel sick.
4. Having to lie on my back at night as its too painful to lay on my stomach!!
5. Not wanting to go shopping, and if I do just looking at the clothes that will fit rather than the ones I like!
6. Wearing black all the time in an attempt to look thinner!

Haha .....it wont be long :):):):)

Hi guys, you both got amazing positive mental attitude going into this diet. You are going to be amazed at how quickly time goes and how fast your body changes.
It is a very exciting process. What I would like to suggest to you is that you should bookmark this thread so that IF you have a moment of weakness, as I have recently, you can just read this again and remind yourselves of the motivation you have now.

Good luck for your first week!

Cant wait to see your progress!

B x

My major one - will add some more when I have the time and can concentrate a lot more.

1. To go on THAT shopping trip and not end up crying when I realise nothing looks nice, or they don't do my size.

Good luck ladies. Having a positive attitude going into LL is sooo important and you're both sounding fab. WG - what is your ticker? It looks like a basket of tomatoes or strawberries??

Strawberries (I think :confused:). I just thought they looked pretty and were appropriate for a weightloss ticker - what I don't need to have on valentines day!

I feel the same! Starting my cal counting from tomorrow and I am so ready to start feeling better. This positive attitude is what's going to make it happen for us all! Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same! Starting my cal counting from tomorrow and I am so ready to start feeling better. This positive attitude is what's going to make it happen for us all! Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Barb - I have no doubt you can do it!

I am trying on my new positive attitude on for size at the moment.

As soon as I get a negative "I'll never be able to do this again" I'm pushing it to the back of my mind :D

awh girls ya have me all excited for ye!!

i love yer attitude, as half of the battle with "diets" is the mental side of it too!!
also watch out for the one bout lying on ur belly....i still cant....cause now i can feel the really strong pulse in it and its so strong nearly makes me sick lol!!

and the hole outfit thing i can completely relate to!! i went out last night in a mini skirt, tights, shoes and a top that showed my arms,
the only time i looked into the mirror, was to do my make up and check which shoes to wear!!

i was unsure of whether the outfit was ok on me...but i know id talk myself out of wearing it so i went out! and i got loadsa compliments so it was obviously ok lol!!

good luck girls xxx

lol the headshot is one of my very drunk friends fault lol!! pic of last night doesnt exsist lol!! beyond reasons of control...(rtm talk should be put in ere ;) ill update my thread in min)

i will get oh to talk a pic of me.....when the paracetomol kicks in haha!!

I decided to re-post my list from above in my diary thread as a reminder of them, but a lovely friend replied with the following, which I think is such a wonderful way to look at things. I hadn't even realised I was looking at things from such a negative perspective.

Yayyyy Sarah hun, am so happy you finally get to restart tomorrow!! What about adding some more positives to your list. Something I read in Mike's newsletter about reasons for dieting needing to be positive just came to mind and maybe it would be a good idea to also look at some positive things so instead of "not...." etc. make those things a positive.... sooo I hope u don't mind but I have rephrased your points:

What I Can't Wait For
1. Being able to sit in the same place for as long as I like, in comfort.
2. Wearing a bra that fits and that I can keep on as long as I want.
3. Being able to go up and down stairs with ease and without pain.
4. To walk up the big hill to my house and up the stairs to my flat on the top floor of a 3 storey house without losing my breath.
5. Being really happy that all my clothes in my wardrobe fit me and look good.
6. Spending hours in front of the mirror because I have so many amazing outfits that I can't work out which one I like best!
7. Feeling energised from consuming only that which my body needs.
8. Praising myself for eating well.
9. Blending into the crowd as someone of a "normal" size
10. Releasing the "real" confident me from inside.

What do you think? I hope this isn't out of turn... and I understand the need to think of the things you don't want anymore... but try and turn them into positives and it will really help your mindset!! :)

Lots of love xxx

Good luck Westie

It will happen.
That list sounds like I feel at the moment.
I've just changed my avatar because I can now sit in that chair SIDEWAYS, with 2 cushions and space either side!!!
It made me cry.
I've also got a Lloyd Loom chair in my bedroom that I haven't been able to sit in for years because my bum wedged into it. I can sit in it with room to spare now.
My husband said he heard a funny noise in the house for the first time recently. It was me running up the stairs. I used to leave anything to go up until I went to bed.
He's never known me slim before and we've been married 13 years.
This whole thing is amazing for me and I'm sure it will be for you again too.
i agree, focus on the positives. You'llbe there in no time.
Good LUCK xxxx

It will happen.
That list sounds like I feel at the moment.
I've just changed my avatar because I can now sit in that chair SIDEWAYS, with 2 cushions and space either side!!!
It made me cry.
I've also got a Lloyd Loom chair in my bedroom that I haven't been able to sit in for years because my bum wedged into it. I can sit in it with room to spare now.
My husband said he heard a funny noise in the house for the first time recently. It was me running up the stairs. I used to leave anything to go up until I went to bed.
He's never known me slim before and we've been married 13 years.
This whole thing is amazing for me and I'm sure it will be for you again too.
i agree, focus on the positives. You'llbe there in no time.
Good LUCK xxxx

Thanks SB.

I'm having a bit of a "this is the last time" weekend at the moment.

I remember how good it feels and I'm desperate to get back there.

Your chair thing made me think about something that happened on Boxing day this year. I spent Xmas at my Mum and Dad's. During the evening on Xmas day my Dad was sitting in his chair and 2 of our dogs jumped up on his knee. Macca, my dog who lives with my Mum and Dad, wanted to jump up and my Dad said "Come on then, get in the gap" - the gap between his legs and the side of the chair. Next day I sat on the chair and the 2 same puppies wanted to jump on my knee. I said "Come on then, get in the gap" but there was no gap. I was so sad by how much bigger my thighs were than my Dad's :cry:

I hadn't heard whether I'd have a place in the LL Group at that point and just prayed I'd get in so I could actually get a gap lol

Hi Girls, I can't wait for everyone of the reasons you all gave, as like you Westiegirl this is second time around so I know that exciting buzz you get as the weight quickly drops off!!!!
My hubby also can't wait for the time he gives me a cuddle and I don't flinch!!!
We will do this girls, can't wait for tomorrow night.
Janey x

That's it then

This can be your "Gap Year ":8855:!!!!

i had to get sometging from the bottom shelf under the sink earlier, it was right at the back.omg it was uncomfortable. i only just stopped myself fromcalling hubby to get it for me.
i wont miss things like that, oh yeah and being able to get down onto the floor and get easily back up again when i'm playing with the girls.

Hi Girls, I can't wait for everyone of the reasons you all gave, as like you Westiegirl this is second time around so I know that exciting buzz you get as the weight quickly drops off!!!!
My hubby also can't wait for the time he gives me a cuddle and I don't flinch!!!
We will do this girls, can't wait for tomorrow night.
Janey x

The buzz is fantastic isn't it :D

I know what you mean about the flinching though - when you're bigger you hate the thought of anyone touching your flabby bits :eek:

Back