what I do when eating out!

Serena88

So I started SW on Monday but as I eat out a lot socially I thought I'd compile a list of go-to meals for places I usually go so I'm never stuck! Thought they might be helpful to someone!

Nandos - half a chicken, skin removed, salad and grilled pineapple - free
Half a chicken, skin removed, spicy rice, grilled pineapple - 2.5 syns for rice

Harvester - combo of steak and grilled chicken, New potatoes no butter, free salad bar, BBQ sauce - 2 syns for sauce

Carvery - meat, veg, new potatoes, gravy and mint sauce - 3 syns for gravy

Subway - subway club salad bowl (turkey, beef and ham) with either southwest sauce - 4 syns or honey mustard - 2syns

Frankie and Bennies - penne aribiata (sorry for spelling) with grilled chicken, no olives and side salad - roughly 3 syns for sauce

Chinese buffet - plain noodles, boiled rice, lots of veg and non fried meat in sauce (drain as much sauce as possible) such as beef blackbean, prawn chop suey, chicken mushroom or anything in oyster sauce - 5 syns to cover for sauce/cooking methods

Weatherspoons - mixed grill with plain jacket and plain salad, ask them to swap the sausage for other meat such as chicken (I do this all the time before starting SW) - 5 syns to cover cooking methods.

Hope that's helpful to someone xx

Thanks! Well good luck on your journey and you can do it! I only started last Monday so not had my first weigh in yet! Let me no how you get on xx

Serena88 said:
So I started SW on Monday but as I eat out a lot socially I thought I'd compile a list of go-to meals for places I usually go so I'm never stuck! Thought they might be helpful to someone!

Nandos - half a chicken, skin removed, salad and grilled pineapple - free
Half a chicken, skin removed, spicy rice, grilled pineapple - 2.5 syns for rice

Harvester - combo of steak and grilled chicken, New potatoes no butter, free salad bar, BBQ sauce - 2 syns for sauce

Carvery - meat, veg, new potatoes, gravy and mint sauce - 3 syns for gravy

Subway - subway club salad bowl (turkey, beef and ham) with either southwest sauce - 4 syns or honey mustard - 2syns

Frankie and Bennies - penne aribiata (sorry for spelling) with grilled chicken, no olives and side salad - roughly 3 syns for sauce

Chinese buffet - plain noodles, boiled rice, lots of veg and non fried meat in sauce (drain as much sauce as possible) such as beef blackbean, prawn chop suey, chicken mushroom or anything in oyster sauce - 5 syns to cover for sauce/cooking methods

Weatherspoons - mixed grill with plain jacket and plain salad, ask them to swap the sausage for other meat such as chicken (I do this all the time before starting SW) - 5 syns to cover cooking methods.

Hope that's helpful to someone xx

Hey thanks for the tips, I think wetherspoons would be a lot more. I know they deep fry their jacket spuds! Blergh!!
I just looked it up in my book and mixed grill with jacket peas and tomato is 40 syns! Yikes!

Jeez thats mad! I don't no how it could be that much but I won't have that again thank you!!! Xx

Be careful with grilled pineapple at Nandos. Cooked fruit needs to be synned :)

Jeez thats mad! I don't no how it could be that much but I won't have that again thank you!!! Xx

they don't deep fry the potatoes, so its definitely not that high. you will be fine having what you mentioned!

ScarlettStar86 said:
they don't deep fry the potatoes, so its definitely not that high. you will be fine having what you mentioned!

Thanks I'm relieved lol was dreading 40 syns xx

Chipmunk89 said:
Be careful with grilled pineapple at Nandos. Cooked fruit needs to be synned :)

Really? How strange, wouldn't think it would make a difference :) xx

Serena88 said:
Really? How strange, wouldn't think it would make a difference :) xx

Cooked/tinned fruit needs to be synned on SW as the heating process it goes through changes the sugars in it and I think your body therefore digests it differently. I think that's the reason anyway.

Sorry for the confusion x my 2011 directory says 40 for the weatherspoons mixed grill and jacket. Has it massively Changed in the 2012 One? Hope it isn't That high.

Hello , The problem with eating out is the food is designed to not to be good for you. So for Example try To order salad dressing on the side & Drink a large glass of water before you eat & Choose chicken that is broiled well and never fried in a pan...
I Hope it's helpful cheers!

Back