What is healthy for my weight?

minniex

skinny minnie
Hey guys,

I'm 5,4 and was wondering what would be classed as underweight for me? because when i get to 9stone i might want to go down to 8 but I wasn't sure if that was okay or not? would love some help.

Thanks, Min x

To be in a 'healthy' bmi range its between 18.5 - 24.9, so at 9 stone your BMI will be 21.6 which is a mid range healthy weight. If you went down to 8 stone your BMI would be 19.2 which is at the lower end of 'healthy'.
So its up to you really if you feel you can get to that weight, which you may well, but it might be maintaining at that weight that may be the hard part, but its how you as a person feel & look.

Thanks kim. Yes think it would be hard to maintain but will see howi look when i do get to 9stone x

I think sw guidelines say that for 5 ft 4 the lowest weight is 8 stone 4lbs. It'll be printed in one of the books - sorry can't remember which one off the top of my head!

minniex said:
Thanks kim. Yes think it would be hard to maintain but will see howi look when i do get to 9stone x

I am the same height and I got down to 9 sone which is top end BMI and to be fair I was starting to look too thin at that point - I will not go lower than that cos I thin I'd look ill! But it's what u are comfortable with.

Agreed see how you feel when you get to 9 stone and if you still want to lose a bit then aim for 8.5 stone :) I imagine it can be difficult to know when to stop when losing weight feels so good but got to remain sensible about it, being underweight is unhealthy too! X

10 stone is top end healthy bmi for 5ft 4.

I would be wafer thin at 9 stone. The lowest I've been is 9st 11 and I would really love to be 9 stone 7 but I can't see it happening. I'll settle for 10 stone these days.

jaylou said:
10 stone is top end healthy bmi for 5ft 4.

I would be wafer thin at 9 stone. The lowest I've been is 9st 11 and I would really love to be 9 stone 7 but I can't see it happening. I'll settle for 10 stone these days.

What jay said word for word. I got down to 9st 12 for my wedding any less and I would have looked wrong.

Nowadays I would kill to be 10st only two stone still to go

Back