What IS it about Slimming World?

I'm intrigued by how it works too. I have never ever eaten so much on a diet and lost such a lot of weight in a short time. I truly never feel hungry nor deprived. I feel 100% better in myself- as a chronic asthmatic my breathing was incredibly poor due to poor lung function and carrying around 5 stone of excess weight. But now, I rarely use my inhaler, and feel so much healthier.
All the junk, sweet stuff and high fat foods have been eliminated from my diet ( and my house) and been replaced with lovely fresh alternatives.
Don't get me wrong, I still adore all the naughty foods and miss them madly- but if I want to stay well and alive, then this has to be my lifestyle change.
I am eternally grateful for being told about Slimming World, I truly thought it was just another 'fat club' like the other one I'd been to- but it really isn't. I love my group, my consultant is a hoot, and the diet is working- what's not to love?

I think it's got me to where I am because i don't have to starve myself, and can eat like a normal person! I'm not cutting out certain food groups, I'm not living off milk shakes, I'm not just eating a small salad for lunch, I'm not skipping meals. Just the fact it teaches me to eat healthy and treats in moderation. And some of the stuff I can cook now I prefer it to eating out!

Slimming world isn't a diet, it's a life style. Even when coming off plan in the past I've continued to use sweetener rather than sugar, fried with fry-light & made sw chips just because I prefer them to sugar, olive oil & oven chips. I don't dare to think what my start weight would have been this time round starting SW again without those little things!

SW is the best plan out there! I would never have thought to use curry pastes before, I'd have just bought a ready made creamy tikka. A curry as good as a take away for 2syns! Amazing!

I can't rave about it enough to anyone who will listen!

Back