What is scan bran?!

I break two scanbran into a bowl and top with a little boiling water to soften them. When they've cooled, I have 1 weetabix, strawberries & milk mixed in. I like my weetabix mushy so it suits me to mix it all together :)

I tried scan bran and initially liked them, but they are so hard that I fear for the fillings in my teeth. lol. Still got some left and been wondering how I can eat them. However, I don't like mushy things so hot milk is out for me. Any other ideas?

Some people have them with baked beans on top as the sauce softens them, others dip them in soup :)

We've been coming up with lots of scan bran recipes - they make great very low syn cakes such as the curly wurly choc cake - 12 syns for the whole cake

It seems that scan bran is like marmite - you either love it or hate. We're having a tasting session in class next week and I'm tempting to try one of the scan bran recipes and surprise everyone with it. The curly wurly cake sounds like it should be cracking!

Whats your recipe for curly wurly scan bran cake?

Is scan bran like Ryvita though or does it have a harder texture than them?

Is scan bran like Ryvita though or does it have a harder texture than them?

Scan bran is drier and has less taste than ryvita. I used to eat one softened in boiling water, then add it to a weetabix with milk and fruit and it was fine....I'm not a big fan of them, but they are edible :)

Scran bran cake

2 eggs whisk together, 3 tablespoon sweetner and baking powder add a splash of vanilla extract. Add 2 tablespoons of choc options. In a separate bowl soak 5 broken bits of scan bran and mix with fork til absorbed water. Mix everything together and put in a microwaveable container in microwave for 5 minutes. Remove and turn out on to plate, spread with a tablespoon of Nutella on bottom side so the choc melts its easier to smooth over, then had with banana and banana and custard muller light. YUM! x

Scran bran cake

2 eggs whisk together, 3 tablespoon sweetner and baking powder add a splash of vanilla extract. Add 2 tablespoons of choc options. In a separate bowl soak 5 broken bits of scan bran and mix with fork til absorbed water. Mix everything together and put in a microwaveable container in microwave for 5 minutes. Remove and turn out on to plate, spread with a tablespoon of Nutella on bottom side so the choc melts its easier to smooth over, then had with banana and banana and custard muller light. YUM! x

How many syns is this please? X

ive just ordered some from amazon, looking forward to trying them

Need to buy some scan bran at meeting on saturday. 5 of them dunked in to homemade soup will be better then two slices of bread i think!

Back