What is the best meat to eat?

Step away from the sausage lol!!! Iv just ad a few ryvita thins with cottage cheese....now bring on the jelly lol!!

Sirloin steak gets my vote in the meat department. I get it from my local butcher and he trims off the fat for me. You can have a surprisingly large piece (225g raw weight) for 7 propoints. I season it well and put it under a hot grill for about five minutes on each side. Really yummy with mashed potatoes and gravy and dry fried onions and mushrooms.

About sausages, I can't find any lowfat ones (can get skinless sausages but don't know if they are lower in fat) so how many points is a 'normal' grilled sausage? I have been pointing it a 2 pps so I hope I haven't been eating more than I should.

Mmmmm jelly, did any one watch " come dine with me, the girl was obsessed by sausages and even put them in her trifle!!

She was mad!!

To be honest I think I'd prefer sausages in my trifle rather than soggy sponge!! I hate jelly soaked sponge, it makes me gip

Sirloin steak gets my vote in the meat department. I get it from my local butcher and he trims off the fat for me. You can have a surprisingly large piece (225g raw weight) for 7 propoints. I season it well and put it under a hot grill for about five minutes on each side. Really yummy with mashed potatoes and gravy and dry fried onions and mushrooms.

About sausages, I can't find any lowfat ones (can get skinless sausages but don't know if they are lower in fat) so how many points is a 'normal' grilled sausage? I have been pointing it a 2 pps so I hope I haven't been eating more than I should.

As far as I'm aware "normal" sausages are about 4-5pp

hannata said:
As far as I'm aware "normal" sausages are about 4-5pp

I thought they were about 3 or so each? Haven't had any but pointed tescos "finest" sossies last weekend and they were 3 far as I remember? Maybe a bit of a bigger sausage would be 4-5 though.

I love quorn sausages think the are so real tasting, even my 2 boys didn`t know they were quorn til i dished dinner up they now prefer them to proper sausages

I thought they were about 3 or so each? Haven't had any but pointed tescos "finest" sossies last weekend and they were 3 far as I remember? Maybe a bit of a bigger sausage would be 4-5 though.

generic beef/pork sausages are 4pp each (and that's a 50g cooked weight) and reduced fat pork ones are 2pp (for 40g).

Really depends where you source your sausages really... I usually eat butchers ones so I count 5pp as they are bigger

If you have the packet that's obviously gonna be more correct but I was basing my answer on someone guessing without using any kind of educated guess or information on a packet... and I'm sure most of us know that one sausage might be 2 and another could be 6, its not worth underestimating.

hannata said:
generic beef/pork sausages are 4pp each (and that's a 50g cooked weight) and reduced fat pork ones are 2pp (for 40g).

Really depends where you source your sausages really... I usually eat butchers ones so I count 5pp as they are bigger

If you have the packet that's obviously gonna be more correct but I was basing my answer on someone guessing without using any kind of educated guess or information on a packet... and I'm sure most of us know that one sausage might be 2 and another could be 6, its not worth underestimating.

True enough, butcher portions are a bit bigger, the sausages I was pointing were decent/normal sized but quite skinny I guess so suppose if you weren't sure you could do 4 or 5pp for each like you suggested. Ta :)

Gosh I had been totally underestimating the pps in sausages! Will have to give sausages a wide berth until I am sure of the pp content. Been looking for the quorn sausages but unable to find them so far. Does anyone from r o ireland know if there are low fat sausages available here?

Hey ellen... I got WW sausages in dunnes the other day. 1pp for 1, 3pp for 2!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

That's great Az! I'll be heading to Dunnes shortly for them - do they taste alright?

Ellen, they're defo not as nice as normal sossies imo. I think you can get denny skinless sausages for the same propoints so I'll try them sometime too... Trial and error.

Mmm... Sausages...

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back