What is the best way to loose fat, not weight?

Konvictz

after doing sit ups for a few days, i can feel how hard my packs have gone. infact i can easily feel the grooves and lines of the packs, they are quite well defined.

however lol, i have this stupid layer of fat in my belly which i need to get rid of as soon as possible.

so i ask of you nice people, is running outside 2 times a day enough (morning and night) or is there a more effective method?

after doing sit ups for a few days, i can feel how hard my packs have gone. infact i can easily feel the grooves and lines of the packs, they are quite well defined.

however lol, i have this stupid layer of fat in my belly which i need to get rid of as soon as possible.

so i ask of you nice people, is running outside 2 times a day enough (morning and night) or is there a more effective method?

it depends what you are eating to counteract all that running you do??

You need to go on a calorie controlled diet and run several miles a day and it will soon come off, the problem is, sticking to it.

Keep your calories up with plenty of protein and do some resistance training (weights)

thanks for the reeplies...

wel i eat rice and chicken/meat alot for my main meals. and ive recently started eating bananas, your advises (omg they fil u up sooo much).

did someone say several MILES a DAY?, omg that sounds imposible, but if thats what i need to do il do it. i need to have a nice flat tommy by summer.

ye i got some weights, but you see i dont want to gain any much muscle, because im happy with the size of my arms at the mo, i jus want to tone them now.

i got another question for your experts, if you may. is it better to do a quick fast sprinty run or a more slow controlled paced run to loose this weight?

thankx guys again.

Keep your calories up with plenty of protein and do some resistance training (weights)

What this lady says! Also you may find it better to move this to the fitness section rather than weight loss...?!

Cardio exercise + a balanced diet which would ensure that the fat burning would happen, not sure on the calorie intake, but 1500?.. At least that's what I've been reading.

Cardio exercise + a balanced diet which would ensure that the fat burning would happen, not sure on the calorie intake, but 1500?.. At least that's what I've been reading.

Calories really have nothing to do with fat burning...you can be on less or more than that and still burn fat...depends on what you're eating...and how big your glycogen stores are, etc...and don't forget, it isn't just cardio that burns fat or promotes muscle gain...I see a lot of cardio junkies in the gym who still have relatively high body fat percentages...lifting weights seems to double the efforts of cardio..well so I have found through my meagre 10 months gym experience...I always push strength training as it has helped me tonnes!

:D Heee, I guess I'll find that information useful too! Thanky, I really don't know much about this at all.
Though those guys at the gym doing cardio - you never know what they're eating at home! :p I find my bit of cardio exercise does help me feel better and trimmer. ^_^ But each body is different and has different requirements I guess.

so i should do weight liftnig as well as run.

so whats the best type of weight lifting you guys recomend? i got weights/bar at home, and im not going to gym.

the problem with wiehgt lifting is, im happy with my muscel size and i dont want my muscels to become huuuge.

so would you advise i use smaller weights but more reps, or the oposite? the problem is i started doing weight lifting when i was 11, and my body was in perfect proportion. i didnt predict at the time that in 7 years time i would have a belly and fat stored in various places in the body after.

Well if you are male, even with the added advantage of testosterone you ain't gonna be huge UNLESS you are lifting heavy (and consistently lift heavier and heavier each month or so)...in order to grow you need to apply more weight and tension to the muscle fibre...lifting as heavy as you can comfortably will not make you grow anymore and will maintain muscle mass already there...so the lighter weights, more reps thing is not a lot of good in my opinion...surely you want to maintain the muscle tone and size? Cardio will soon deplete your muscle size as well as your fat stores if you aren't lifting anymore...

I'm female and I only grow muscles if I eat more calories, extra protein and lift heavier. I don't have the added advantage of testosterone which is an anabolic (muscle saving) hormone...we have more oestrogen which is not muscle sparing so...if I keep lifting, I keep the muscle, if not it won't grow or become defined, etc...at least I think this is the general theory...and also if I don't keep lifting and I do heavy cardio sessions I will use my muscle as well as the fat...for energy...

Anyway if you're looking to get cut and defined then look at the bodybuilding websites like bodybuilding.com (I use this site for menus, workouts and supplement advice) This site is more of a weightloss rather than fat loss site even if it is fat most of us want to lose...

I too want to define my abs, but at 35 and with two children under my belt, so to speak (and with my gender working against me in some repsects), it is proving harder than I thought, but am still working at it...

Reactions: Taz
ah thanks, ye i had a look at that site...lots of info there.

so i have tosterone, and that helps my muscels? i always thought tosterone helped with er something else lol.

wow i just saw ur progress on the left hand side of the screan. thats really good.

im not really tracking my progress with any figures or numbers, i just remember what my stomach used to look like, and until i get that i wil not stop.

ive taken your advise, and now use heavier weights on my hands. and i can really see and feel the effects already.

and if anyone is reading this and thinking about running outside to loose wiehgt. where possible i would definitly recomend it. i love running, im only running once a day for abotu 30 mins (because thats as much as my body can handle at the moment, but will increae that 60 mins as soon as i can). i meet various people every now and then, and u know, it just feels better than being stuck in one place.

but i would say dont run in bad areas, and late at night because of obvious reasons. i run at about 12 o clock in the night every day, but im in a university so i guess its ok. and also, i only take with me the device to get back into my place. so if i were to get robbed, my phone/wallet/oyster card etc wont be included.

Back