What is the lastest .....

I ate an Alpen Light bar today that's 6 months out of date. It was fine. Lol

I've never ahd food poisoning. If it smells OK, get it down you. The only thing i am fussy with is shell fish! Other than that, you can tell if it's off. As for BB. It might be better before, maybe, but perfectly OK after.

Cooked rice is actually one of the worst things responsible for food poisoning, so I don't hold on to cooked rice too long, and always make sure it's re-heated properly.

Cooked rice is actually one of the worst things responsible for food poisoning, so I don't hold on to cooked rice too long, and always make sure it's re-heated properly.

That is so true. I once had the most awful food poisoning from rice. I was really ill.( But thin lol )

It ferments if it is not kept properly.

I tend to completely disregard dates on things, I've eaten cottage cheese that was 4 weeks past it's BBD. If it hasn't pushed the foil up and it smells tastes ok then I eat it. I'm the same as fillymum, never had sell by dates when I was a girl, or antibacterial everything,it's a wonder we all survived :p

If it's not been opened, Cottage cheese seems to last forever!

if you have a dog, give them a bit.. if they don't eat it then it's off..
they can smell when thigs are off long before you can...

Well ... i`m still alive, so the Cott Cheese didn`t finish me off just yet :D ... I think i`ll believe you all regarding the dates, and i`ll not be as fast to throw things away.

if you have a dog, give them a bit.. if they don't eat it then it's off..
they can smell when thigs are off long before you can...

That soooo wouldn`t work with my terrier ... she is minging and eats the most disgusting of things ... and i mean nasty stuff (maggot ridden dead rabbits etc .. we live in the country) .... I`ve retched trying to get some of the things out of her mouth lolol !!!

Animals have tougher stomachs to deal with different bacteria, as they are descended from wild animals they are able to digest rotten meat, as they work on 'needs must' kind of thing.

Our cat has chomped through many a smelly piece of meat, not to mention what he catches in the garden, and he's still going strong!

maggot ridden doesn't = off though..
in fact you have to hang some game until it's maggoty before it's ready to eat.. I think it's pheasant, but i'm not sure, might be grouse..

good beef has been hanging for several weeks before it's ready too..

there are times however that a dog will eat something intentionally to make itself sick.. especially small dog's i've noticed.. mom's border terriers eat grass and stuff

Back