what is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by pd7707, 8 March 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. pd7707

pd7707 Full Member

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    60kg
    Goal Weight:
    53kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    today is one week since i start Atkins diet. it`s strange but my apetite is increasing instead of decreasing. not sure what could be the reason. the scales showed the weight i lost during the first 4 days is back. ketostix showed pale pink.
    but my measures are improving. i drink a lot of water and decaf. for the water i delute 50 ml of sugar free double concentrate lemon from tesco in 1 liter water . it has 0.5 sugar in 100 ml.
    the rest of my carbs i get from 3-4 cups of green leaves per day. i don`t eat any other vegetables, no mayo, cream, butter. i ate cheese for 3 days, but i stop now.
    yesterday i snacked on crispy smoked bacon, 55 g packet. but it has 0 carb. i am really confused. shall i try to reduce my calorie intake? i read that too much fat is ok but could slow down the wight loss.
    i ordered my book today.
    thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Full Member

You need to up the fat. Simple as that. This will not work if you do it low fat, in fact it could make you unwell. Butter, cream, mayo - get it on your salads and veggies and cream in your coffee. That's what makes this work and makes it so enjoyable too! X

4. ruth43

ruth43 Soon to be Slim

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.6lb(2.03%)
    Yes I agree, you don't seem to be eating any fat. And I'd give up the squash too. When I did Atkins years ago, it was the squash that stalled me. You could try added a few drops of lime juice to water, I do this sometimes.

5. pd7707

pd7707 Full Member

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    60kg
    Goal Weight:
    53kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    YOU THINK SO?THANKS

it could be the squash really. But it helps me to drink plenty of water and to cope with the sugar cravings. I am afraid that if i don`t have anything sweet i wouldn`t last long. Honestly, i prefer to lose the few lbs slowly than to give up after a severe sugar craving. Not sure really.
    About my fats. I do eat a lot of fat. The canned mackerel in oil is really fatty, i make my own baked and crispy bacon for snacks, sometimes i buy packed one in m&s. It`s fatty , isn`t it? I add a tsp of olive oil to my green salads. The meatballs i make at home are from tesco mince meat but not the lean one. However i baked them in the oven or grill, which actually drains most of the fat. The meat balls literally are half their size when baked.
    What else? The salamis i buy are 0 carbs but fatty, sometimes i bake the slices to make them crispy and again it reduces their size and fat contents. May be i should be more relaxed with the fat and use some cream. To be honest i am afraid and terrified by the thought of cream or butter. I didn`t use for at least 10 years any. Well, not consiously.
    Not even sure which one they sell in my local tesco. I should go and check later.
    How about the tomatoes?
    Or mushrooms? I didn`t introduced any veggies apart from green salads and green cabbage and my salads are getting a bit boring.
    I didn`t eat yet today,just one slice salami, 60 kcal when i woke up .
    Just the thought of baked ham and egg is so tempting i wanna leave the office right now and have a brekkie.
    This is what i love about the diet. All the allowed food was forbidden for me for ages. It feels like i died and woke up in heaven. Eat fat and bacon and chicken winks and drums but not getting fat.
    By the way i use for my salad few drops of lemon acidic concentrate. You know, the small yellow plastic bottles. It says no sugar. Is it ok.
    And i use garlic and cumin powder sometimes. Do you think it could be the problem?
    Which cream do you recommend? Thank.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.