What is wrong with me :(

JujuBerrrry

Silver Member
I started back in January and finished early April, I lost over 4 stone. I felt and looked good.
My flat went to nandos, so I had a salad. This was back in April.
Since then I haven't been able to stick to the diet. I only had two stone to go.
But since the 5th of April until not I've put all the weight back on, I get depressed when I look in the mirror and see how bloated my face and stomach looks so I go back to the cupboards to comfort ray. I know this diet works but when I get unhappy I seem to comfort eat. And don't know when to stop. I have five weeks worth of slim and save. I'm an impatient person and just want to see results now, I want my face back to the thin face I had two months ago, it's just depressing me and this is why I can't stick to the diet.
I have a goal to lose around 4 stone in the next 11 weeks, so I can get near to the weight I was before, go back to uni and feel confident it all seems so easy.
I start off fine, then feel hi hey and it's at yea time I feel the need to raid the cupboard. I just want the 11 weeks to be over and done with.
I'm going to see Rihanna next month and staying with a friend in Manchester, to go to her mums birthday party, I just don't know how I'm going to manage, hopefully by then I will be in Ketosis and feel co rodent enough not to binge.
I feel as though I will never be able to get back to that weight. One of the reasons why I keep giving up.
The stress of being back home is a trigger too.

Sorry for the rant guys, I just needed to tell someone, minimins usually has the right people with the right supportive advice.
Thank you,
Juju
Xxxxx

I've restarted on Monday and its so difficult doing any diet the second time around .. I'd put on a stone ( which on my frame has made me go up 1-2 dress sizes = muffin top and being unable to fit in my jeans and work dresses urghhh!) .. I had a long talk with my diet buddy and we both decided to get back on track and start diet again .. We both did CD I'm the past but slim and save tastes nicer and also cheaper .. I would say to you start again , once you get to day 3 you should be in ketosis and feel much better and less hungry .. 5 weeks of shakes would mean a significant weight loss .. You could be on this board saying how great you feel. 5 weeks isn't long .. It will still be summer time and you'll feel on top of the world .. In 5 days my stomach is much flatter and I've dropped 3 lbs it works .. Good luck

Hiya hun would you believe that I saw a post by you a couple of days ago and recognised you from LT years ago!
Our stories were so similar I was going to pm you but I'm in the exact same position, lost 8stone on Lipotrim, regained it all over the years but have had semi successful attempts since and regained that too :( A lot of people blame that on the types of diets but I know its just ME and my crazy attitude towards food!

I'm the same I've shakes in my press, why don't you start with me today and we can keep each other going?
It's really tough when you've something coming up but you should let that motivate you instead of allowing yourself not start because of it, you could be feeling way more confident in yourself by then, wearing smaller clothes etc. Just put that out of your head for the moment and get started, you'll be so glad you did!

Hiya hun would you believe that I saw a post by you a couple of days ago and recognised you from LT years ago!
Our stories were so similar I was going to pm you but I'm in the exact same position, lost 8stone on Lipotrim, regained it all over the years but have had semi successful attempts since and regained that too :( A lot of people blame that on the types of diets but I know its just ME and my crazy attitude towards food!

I'm the same I've shakes in my press, why don't you start with me today and we can keep each other going?
It's really tough when you've something coming up but you should let that motivate you instead of allowing yourself not start because of it, you could be feeling way more confident in yourself by then, wearing smaller clothes etc. Just put that out of your head for the moment and get started, you'll be so glad you did!

Thank you so much, this is just what I needed to hear.
I promise myself each time I lose a large amount of weight that I will do a refeed and then eat healthy. But I always binge afterwards. The first time I lost weight, I kept it off a good few months because I did a refeed.
I've started today and I will be having 4 milk shakes a day.
What plan have you decided to do?
I'm hoping to last at least 11 weeks. How much and how long do you plan to stay on the diet, I hope you don't mind me asking.
We can do this! Xxx

Ah I'm delighted you started today, same here! Doing 4 shakes too, god I don't even want to think about how much I've to lose :O
I'm 19st 9lbs starting, the heaviest I've EVER been but I do have my beautiful two year old so I'm pretending to myself some of it is still baby weight (pfft who am I actually kidding!!) I also fool myself into thinking I carry my weight really well, I don't think anyone can carry this amount of extra weight well I really need to get real!

My only goal at the moment is to stick at it day at a time and start seeing the weight coming off. I'm so impatient I think that's been my downfall in the past because the first time I did LT the weight just seemed to fall off and the time literally flew by so every time since, after two weeks I'm like hey I'm not skinny yet what's going on?? :)

Hi guys I can totally relate to this as it happened to me a few years ago, kinda did my own diet and started eating less and less then fell back into the whole binge habit, including alcohol and gained all the weight I lost plus more!! kept telling myself I needed to get back on the bandwagon and just get on with it, that never happened until I got to the point only one hoody I owned would fit me and it was like a xxxl and was getting snug, things had to change so I scoured Mini mins for support, as like you I annot do the whole 2lbs a month thing I need to see results and fast hence I came across SnS and ordered my taster pack.. I have now done succesfully nearly 9 weeks 100% and starting to see/feel a major difference!! You can do it hun!! feel free to use me as a guidence! Im a stubborn bugger and when I start something I like to succeed. xx

Well done on 9 weeks hun I bet you feel great!! How much have you lost do you mind me asking? Just trying to encourage myself :)
Do you do the simplicity plan or lifestyle? I'm saying simplicity mainly but if I really feel the need for food I may throw in the odd lifestyle day but I'd rather not just because I tend to work better with simple black and white plans!

JuJu hope you're doing good today, were nearly there!x

Hi girls, so far so good :)

I haven't cheated as of yet, surprised that I'm not starving hungry and crying for food yet.
I'm 18'5 so I know how you feel.
We can do this. I always found once I was through the first three weeks, it was simple, once in Ketosis we should feel much better, hopefully.
I'm hoping for a big loss in the for seek I just want something to chew, do you know if we're allowed no sugar sweet or chewing gum? I just like having something to chew.
I'm going to make some coke zero ice lollies, for when I'm really hungry.
Xxx

im doing lifestyle, did start with simplicity tho but love my evening meal!! i dont weigh myself as got a bit OCD with it a few years ago, i do however measure and started with a 39" waist thats now 30.5", 49" hips that are now 41" and thats my worst part hugee hips!! :/ i feel loads better in myself, more energy, not so much back pain etc:) xxx

Doing well so far :)

Looking forward to the first weeks weigh in.
Slight hiccup this morning, I had two magic stars, completely forgot about the diet haha, I was opening them for my niece and I just pinched them. But as they probably don't amount to more than 30 calories I should be okay :)
How're you girls getting on? Xxx

I've had those thoughts and feelings most of my life. I've always viewed food as a reward and as a treat. So, when I restrict that food it feels like I'm depriving myself of something I use to reward myself with for the good things, or for making me feel better about the bad things. I think that's why after every single diet I just got bigger and bigger. This time round I've taken a different approach. For one I've sold all my clothes as they've got too big, I figured that fat and naked would not be a good look, and wouldn't go down to well at work. I'm stubborn enough and determined enough to only buy clothes in a smaller size now, I'm not going back up again, so if I put the weight back on, I'll only have jersey maxi dresses to wear that'll be stretched round my fat. Another thing is to retrain my brain to view food as fuel. That's a real toughy, and there are many times when I want to give up and pack it all in and just feed myself whatever I want.

So, sometimes I've done that. I've sat down on a Sunday afternoon and eaten and eaten and eaten. I've gone to Morrisons and bought everything I had a fancy for, and then made myself eat it all. What I've also done is seen how that makes me feel, really gone into the detail of having awful stomach cramps, return of my arthritic hands, feeling lethargic, with dull skin and hair and having no energy. I've not yet managed a full binge on all the food I bought for one of these occasions, each time most of it has gone in the bin.

The absolute key to this for me is reading The Beck Diet Solution by Dr Judith Beck. It's been my bible in understanding why I eat what my head wants and ignore what my body needs. I've been doing this for a while now, and I'm still reading the book, 40 years of bad habits takes some breaking! The other big factor in keeping it off is the support, both on here and other forums for S&S, it's a brilliant pick me up on a down day.

After far too many years of dieting, I've lost 7 stone in the last 3 years, 5 of them in the last 9 months. I'm not putting it back on, I'll make sure of that. You can all do it, I know you can, you've got great support going here already, it's especially important to seek it on a down day, celebrate your success and have a hug ready for those other times - you'll get to your target and stay there this time :)

Back