What is your consultant like?

Emerald

(Obviously I think it would be best to leave out names and specific groups to avoid any potential bad feelings!)

I've been wondering what everyone thinks of their consultant and whether they think they are really good at the job or not well suited etc.

I've a really nice lady consultant who is very friendly and we always have a great laugh at group. However, despite being lovely, I don't honestly think she's very good at the actual SW part of the job! Every week she talks about how off plan she has been 'did we have fish and chips tuesday? oh not that was friday! tuesday we had pizza!' and that kind of thing. Also she isn't very clued up about syn values or questions members have about different foods and will say something like 'there's a rice pudding recipe on the website, i think it's syn free!' (which it isn't btw).

I don't want her to change really because it works for me and I've got this place and I'd rather have her than a matronly know it all who doesn't make us laugh but every week there are new people and since joining nearly 3 months ago (and then bringing my mum) we are only new people who have stayed past 2 weeks! So I do worry that her ditziness isn't to everyone's liking.

Anyway, what is yours like?

Emerald
X

mine is fantastic sooo good get there for weighing at 7 and dont get out much before 8.30 after image therapy

I'm not quite sure about my consultant yet TBH.

Don't get me wrong, she's a lovely person, very enthusiastic and bubbly, but doesn't seem to know an awful lot about the plan.

I know she lost 2 stone with WW then switched to SW. Not a problem with me.. weight lost is weight lost whoever you lost it with. She'd only been on the SW plan a couple of months before she became a consultant.

She does try very hard I must admit, but she also tends to quiz members about syn values. I realise this is probably part of the group plan to get us all thinking, but.. I dunno, I still haven't worked her out yet.

She is a lovely person, I'm just not sure that she's consultant material. god that sounds really *****y of me.. I don't mean for it to.

Mine is great, she knows the plan inside out and gets to know us all as individuals so the advice she gives is specific to the person she is talking to. For instance, she knows I have an unstable work schedule so would never suggest I do 3 meals a day as she knows little and often suits my schedule better.

Ahh I don't have one I have many... my consultants are you lot here and I have to say that you are all brilliant.

I know for sure that if I went to a group I wouldn't last as I am not into all this group meeting thing but love the forums and banter here.

So I would say
thank you to all my consultants !!!

My consultant is lovely!! I have done SW and WW before but have always found the consultants either dull or patronising.
But this group is fab!It changed venue a while ago and I went there the first week and we have had so many new people join since and Im sure its because of how friendly and bubbly yhe group is

my consultant is amazing she has so much energy!
she does three or four classes of her own and still has time to do holiday cover for other consultants
only prob is she covers for the other lady here and when she's covers for her our group always has an influx of people transferring to our group from the other lol
she is ALWAYS available when you need her
and she really is a credit to slimming world

My consultants lovely he is really friendly knows what he is talking about. He has also lose 4 stone himself on SW and become a target member.

My consultants are lovely because I am going it alone so its all you lot ! :) you all know loads about the plan and are very helpful, I have an special person who helps me find out Syn values without having to post on the board and ask and they know who they are and to them I am really grateful and I owe them about 9million mullerlights. Without you all i wouldnt stick to it so ta :) your all ace!! xx

I didnt have anything against the consultant at class she was lovely I just have a hatred of image therapy and walking through town late at night in the rain and dark after class to catch the bus

Mine is great, she knows the plan inside out and gets to know us all as individuals so the advice she gives is specific to the person she is talking to. For instance, she knows I have an unstable work schedule so would never suggest I do 3 meals a day as she knows little and often suits my schedule better.

Same as Taz! Mine's lovely - she knows everyone's name after only seeing them once and is always emailing or texting to chivvy me along. She even send me a card in the post to say how well I've done and to keep at it (when I was plateauing a bit). I love her to bits!

She's also very knowledgeable of the plan and is doing it herself (she's lost 6st but struggling a bit on it now but it never affects her class) and always has quizzes or fun tests for us and a raffle every week.

We also have buffet night at the last weigh in of the month which is fab!

My consultants are great coz thats you iccle lot lol

I dont go class but wanted to say summat!

So yh you can all be mine hehe!
xxxx

Ooh I'm a little jealous of some of you - we had a taster night a few weeks back and I was the only person who brought anything - and that INCLUDES my consultant lol. She just forgot! So that was a bit silly and disheartening.

I wonder what it is really like being a consultant, what the money is like, the hours, how much you have to do outside of class etc?

Emerald
X

mines is great aswell, she knows the plan inside out and also a target member herself. Class is fantastic aswell so many ideas and support, we are usually in image therapy for a good hour and a half x

Ooh I'm a little jealous of some of you - we had a taster night a few weeks back and I was the only person who brought anything - and that INCLUDES my consultant lol. She just forgot! So that was a bit silly and disheartening.

I wonder what it is really like being a consultant, what the money is like, the hours, how much you have to do outside of class etc?

Emerald
X

Awww, that's a shame. I live for our buffet nights! I love trolling through recipes and making lovely dishes for people to try and I like to make things that aren't usually 'diet' friendly (but SW tweaked) so people can see that they CAN eat these things! My 'hits' have included chocolate mocha truffles, chicken & bacon pate, summer time still lemonade and slow cooked hungarian goulash. Maybe you can have a word with your consultant and tell her you've heard about buffet nights and what a hit they are and maybe try one again?

I also wonder about the money too as I would love to be a consultant when I get nearer to target but I don't think I could live off the wages full time and would have to do it in my spare time.

Hi Emerald,I went to a consultants recruitment nightIt can be a lot of work,and you have to pay for all your publicity stuff,you can make some yourself too.You get a percentage of the amount of subs you take so its in your interests to go out and recruit more people.Does your consultant have the 2lb blob of fat thing that they keep waving about?They are 20 pounds in money to buy!!!

I love that 2lb blob of fat thing - I keep picking it up each week!
My consultant is really good - she sends texts and ecards between classes to motivate you and usually has a theme rather than just doing the what's everyone lost bit. Last night's theme was what to have for lunch and we got a list of stuff lunch type things (pasta tubs, sandwiches etc) from various shops with the syns written on. She's very knowledgable about the syns in stuff when we ask and knows the plan inside out.

Mine's great, she is not our permenant leader but we are campaining to keep her rather than get someone else. We have tasters night and she has the 2lb fat thing I love to sit poking it

Have to say mine is fabulous, i have been to many a sw group and she is the only one who sends cards, certificates, e-mails and texts, even when you have gained just to keep you motivated.

It's a daytime class and she lays books, puzzles, drinks pens and paper for the kids, and hates it if you leave if the kids are creating a noise she gives them all stickers at the end if they have been good.

She knows the plan inside out and has a great raffle each week, she must spend a fortune on it!

So can't complain xx

My consultant is brilliant, she knows the plan inside out and can answer any questions we have. If she is unsure about something she will find out for us. However i have had 2 consultants previously who werent so good. one of them only paid attention to the 3 loudest group members and didn't bother much with anyone else. I'm really happy with my current one though.

Back