What Made You Take the Plunge

I love my friends to pieces but used to feel awful when I'd be out with them, they'd look lovely in their River Island/ Topshop clothes etc and I'd be there in Evans finest! I used to think that they were embarrassed to be seen with me, even though I knew that they are the best friends in the world and it didn't bother them in the slightest.

I ditto that hun.

The main ones for me are that I work in a large office (as in large with the amount of people that work there) and I am the 2nd largest one there - everyone looks so good in their trousers and t-shirts and I just feel awful.
I also want to have more self esteem, more get up and go and the ability to get in and out of my MR2 without looking like an idiot.
I've also been struggling to get up off the sofa/low chairs too and I'm only 24!

Ive always been fat, never ever been thin (not even as a kid) so i want to experience what life will be like being a 'normal' weight. I dont want to worry about getting on a plane and if the seatbelt will fit me, i dont want to be the fattest mum picking my son up from school, i want to wear sexy stuff for my husband and feel confident in it, i want to make my sisters jealous (there are both big too), i want to see all my bits in the bath instead of the bulge, i want to run around like a lunatic with my son....the list goes on and on and on......i just cant wait to get there!

My catalyst was being invited to go with some friends to visit another friend in Sydney, Australia. The plan is to go in Jan 2010 and I just couldn't bear the thought of being self-conscious all the time. We're going for a month and if it had been any other regular beach type holiday, I'd have been thinking 'I don't like how I look, but I'll cope for a fortnight'. But we'll be there for 5 weeks (25 Jan-25 Feb) and although I know I could have a great time, I know I'll have a better time if I feel good about me and not have to worry about hiding my fat arms (amongst other things!) and feeling too hot wearing something over a vest top just so I can do that.

But, although Australia was the motivator this time, I'm really looking on it as the opportunity to kick me out of my comfort zone and make changes for the long term. I have a good life, good friends and family, good job and colleagues, so it's hard to find a reason to change. But I know that I'm not as confident as I could be and although I love my single life, I do, ultimately, want to find someone and do the whole "settling down" thing; and I know my confidence about my weight puts barriers in the way of that.

So, thank God for Australia and giving me the kick up the backside to make a change for me! lol

I totally agree with lots of the other posts about visits to the GP (I'd rather go to the dentist!), clothes shopping, eating out in restaurants... We all know how that feels. But we won't be feeling it for much longer!

Good luck everyone!

What a great thread:):)

I guess lots of us have had the same experiences and wish there was a magic pill we could take to make us everlastingly slim. But sadly there is no such thing and therefore, we have to go through the hard work of losing weight. :(

It seems so easy to gain weight, why is it so hard to lose it? :confused:

I managed to go from a 12/14 after I had my 2nd child to about a 16 during the breakdown of my marriage. Now, 9 years on, I am at least 2 sizes larger and feel that if I don't take urgent action, in another year I will be at least another size larger than now.

I was mindlessly eating and thinking what the hell am I doing to myself? :confused: I wasn't even hungry, I wasn't enjoying the food, I was feeling full and just eating because it was there! :eek: What kind of idiot does that? Me, that's who!!!

So enough is enough! Stop eating all together and get nutrition from other sources and lose weight. Get my health and body back to a senisble state. And get on with the rest of my life..........it starts now!! Well yesterday actually, tee hee!! :rolleyes:

Day 2 and a gurgling tum, but who cares. I will be slim in a few months.....Yippeeee!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Back