What makes a good Cambridge Counsellor

Nick

Need help
Hi Ya, :)

On this forum I have heard a few negative feelings about cd counsellors and their service. I am interested in what we all expect from our counsellor as a customer? It is very important that we all get the same service, which is a good service.

I am sure there is plenty of satisfied customers out there also so compliments are welcome also. As appraisal is just as important.:)

I am a counsellor and feel that I give a good customer service and most of all I get satisfaction when other people lose weight. I feel what ever is needed by the customer for the counsellor to provide is very important eg. stocking a flavour you don't stock, see them weekly even if you prefer to see people fortnightly. etc.

So your comments please.

Nick :)

I think a good CDC should explain all the different aspects of the diet, go thru the different plans with you, explain wat ketosis actually is and let you know the signs to be looking out for, offer the full flavour range and not make a big deal when you want to try somethin they dont usually stock and generally make you feel like you can approach them with any questions you have

My CDC couldnt answer half the stuff the people ask on here....she had never heard of mix a mousse or tetras before I asked her about them, was convinced there were only 2 soup flavours and even asked me how to use mix a mousse so she could tell other people...I dont feel that I could ring her and ask her anything...shes a very nice lady, just doesnt seem to know a lot....

All the above but, approachable too, my first CDC was pants, my new one is so much better, first one was in it for the money the second one genuinly wants to help people and thats how I want to be

Totally agree and they should know the basics or try and find out if they dont know (not from the customer) But from the Cambridge Head office.

I think a good CDC should explain all the different aspects of the diet, go thru the different plans with you, explain wat ketosis actually is and let you know the signs to be looking out for, offer the full flavour range and not make a big deal when you want to try somethin they dont usually stock and generally make you feel like you can approach them with any questions you have

My CDC couldnt answer half the stuff the people ask on here....she had never heard of mix a mousse or tetras before I asked her about them, was convinced there were only 2 soup flavours and even asked me how to use mix a mousse so she could tell other people...I dont feel that I could ring her and ask her anything...shes a very nice lady, just doesnt seem to know a lot....

To be honest as a CDC myself, I think this is pretty standard and am always totally gobsmacked when I hear of Counsellors who do not operate like this.

Also, CanIreally is right, whatever our circumstances we should be approachable and flexible....

I feel very strongly about customer service and if anyone is experiencing bad service from their Counsellor and feel they cannot talk to them about it they must report it to the Cambridge head office as they would be very interested in this level of service. They teach us not to give this type of service out.

Unless they know they cannot deal with any of your problems.

Diva, I do feel sorry for you and all the other fab CDCs who are on here when you read about CDCs like mine....there are so many good CDCs out there.....just none of them on this rock!!! At least those of us who have poor CDCs have access to this fab site and have proper CDCs who can answer our questions

I feel very strongly about customer service and if anyone is experiencing bad service from their Counsellor and feel they cannot talk to them about it they must report it to the Cambridge head office as they would be very interested in this level of service. They teach us not to give this type of service out.

I know but sometimes its scary enough having to deal with the diet without sticking your two pennorth in about your counsellor too, I did think about complaining about my first cdc, have no books, not got weighed, didnt get a green chart and she was no help at all! But I found a new one. Knowing what I know now, should have complained but at first its the diet that is the focus

Diva, I do feel sorry for you and all the other fab CDCs who are on here when you read about CDCs like mine....there are so many good CDCs out there.....just none of them on this rock!!! At least those of us who have poor CDCs have access to this fab site and have proper CDCs who can answer our questions

ABsolutely, There are great counsellors out there, but its the same in any business, there is always a few of anything that spoil it for the good ones. I know that most of my info has come from here, and having support 24/7 from you guys had made me acheive my dream x

Well young man as your CDC's hope Amy and I came up to scratch:confused: otherwise can see frozen tetra coming at you from left side or right side of stage when you get up there:p :D

Only joking can't wait for all of us to meet up this weekend.

Defo a party coming on.

You losing weight is the most important thing. But the SUPPORT and the knowledge of the counsellor is just as important.
Well done for just carrying on the diet and seeking a new counsellor you are a strong and will powered person. Admire you for doing that as I needed my counsellors as I couldn't of done it knowing I hadn't got the support. ( thanks linda/Amy)

Nick, although I agree in principal, that wouldnt work over here....wat are head office likely to do? Prevent these people from selling the product? Well, then that would mean no CD in the Isle of Man, or Northern Ireland either at the moment, and I'm sure there are other 'remote' places where the service is worse than in areas where the CDC doesnt have a monopoly

Ha ha got ya Nick we are watching:p

If anyone is experiencing problems with stock or anything else please let HO know we honestly are all working to get really good service to all.

Agree with you but I am sure head office would deal with these people like any other business would. Deal with the counsellor with Warning's etc.I am sure Head office are tactful and wouldn't go rushing in and totally stop them from being counsellors as facts should and would be considered first.

My CDC is great, I was given the books & lots of information when I first saw her so I knew just what I was doing. I buy 4 weeks supply at a time & only have to see her every 4 weeks. However she has made it very clear that I can go weekly if I want to.

Having just said I only need to go 4 weekly..

I did see her after the first week as she wanted to make sure I was OK & I am seeing her next week as I start my first AAM week & she wanted to go through it with me. We are in touch by email which suits me & my lifestyle. I take babyboy with me & she even has a playmat for him & toys which she got out for our second visit. After my first weigh-in I even got a round of applause from her & her daughter which was wonderful.

I also know that if I was struggling with CD she would be a great person to contact for support.

I am very impressed with her :)

Ino books, not got weighed, didnt get a green chart

Green Chart ??!! what's that - is that something else my CDC didn't give me ??:confused: don't get weighed either, no contact, no Cambridge Yellow Book, doesn't stock all flavours (no Toffe&Walnut or Choc.bars :eek: ).....could go on but what's the point....have contacted HQ about mine so maybe they'll sort something...

Anyhow - I think that a good CDC should be APPROACHABLE (I always feel as if I'm inconveniencing mine :( ), FLEXIBLE (I arrived 10mins early once, rang from my mobile to say I was outside...and was told to wait until the appointment time !!:eek: ), KNOWLEDGEABLE (I've told mine stuff about the diet that she didn't know !) and SUPPORTIVE (mine doesn't even know how much I weigh now....for all she knows my BMI could be <26 (it isn't) and I shouldn't be SS-ing anymore...but if she doesn't know how much I weigh...how can she be sure that I'm safe ?!?!! - also some people don't know how to workout their BMI...so what do they do ??!!!)

Sorry - rant over :eek:

Without Minimins and the many FAB CDCs on here I would've been lost - those peeps with a good CDC should really appreciate them...cos they're priceless :)

catch ya later

love

Debz
xx

Green Chart ??!! what's that - is that something else my CDC didn't give me ??:confused: don't get weighed either, no contact, no Cambridge Yellow Book, doesn't stock all flavours (no Toffe&Walnut or Choc.bars :eek: ).....could go on but what's the point....have contacted HQ about mine so maybe they'll sort something...

Anyhow - I think that a good CDC should be APPROACHABLE (I always feel as if I'm inconveniencing mine :( ), FLEXIBLE (I arrived 10mins early once, rang from my mobile to say I was outside...and was told to wait until the appointment time !!:eek: ), KNOWLEDGEABLE (I've told mine stuff about the diet that she didn't know !) and SUPPORTIVE (mine doesn't even know how much I weigh now....for all she knows my BMI could be <26 (it isn't) and I shouldn't be SS-ing anymore...but if she doesn't know how much I weigh...how can she be sure that I'm safe ?!?!! - also some people don't know how to workout their BMI...so what do they do ??!!!)

Sorry - rant over :eek:

Without Minimins and the many FAB CDCs on here I would've been lost - those peeps with a good CDC should really appreciate them...cos they're priceless :)

catch ya later

love

Debz
xx

Oh Debz the more you post about your CDC the more angry I get, that's just appalling, words fail me. I think therefore that quite simply a good CDC is the opposite of everything your CDC has been to you. I really hope you've let Head Office know some of this as she is putting her clients health at risk & that is not on.

As a new CDC I hope that my clients will be able to feel they can come to me for help, support, advice, encouragement & friendship. I'll make sure I stay knowledgeable and up-to-date and stock a full range of products for my clients to pick & mix as they please and exchange any flavours they don't like.

Oh Debz the more you post about your CDC the more angry I get, that's just appalling, words fail me. I think therefore that quite simply a good CDC is the opposite of everything your CDC has been to you. I really hope you've let Head Office know some of this as she is putting her clients health at risk & that is not on.

As a new CDC I hope that my clients will be able to feel they can come to me for help, support, advice, encouragement & friendship. I'll make sure I stay knowledgeable and up-to-date and stock a full range of products for my clients to pick & mix as they please and exchange any flavours they don't like.

OMG Debz thats awful. Your CDC doesnt sound very good at all. I have been very lucky as my current CDC is lovely, shes been fantastic, and I will miss her when I move to my new CDC soon.

Luckily for me I have found a CDC very close to where I live so will be keeping her on her toes. ((nudge nudge MadamDotty ;) :D ))

I have to agree having the support and encouragment from your CDC who is willing to go above and beyond and not in it for the money so to speak is a must!

Its hard enough to loose weight without the proper backup.

Deb x

Luckily for me I have found a CDC very close to where I live so will be keeping her on her toes. ((nudge nudge MadamDotty ;) :D ))Deb x

Noted! :D

Back