What makes a healthy extra?!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, just been wondering what criteria cereals/cereal bars etc need to fit to make the HEXb list!! There are so many low cal/very low fat/high fibre ones out there- how on earth do they choose? And the items that they show in the Magazine's 'Food News' section, how would we know they were HE's if we didn't see them in the mag? I know there's a list on the SW website, but it doesn't seem to list all of these!X

For a B choice I thought it had to be a certain amount of fibre?

Yeah I agree it has to have a certain amount of fibre, and also be within a range of calories, etc. I would imagine it is quite strict.

It isn't a closed shop though new items can be added. One of the memebrs here managed to get something added (I forget what lol) which has been popular since in making up pizza!!

I think everything that is a HEb is on the SW website, and it is updated when it changes.

It's not completely about fibre as olive oil is a HEXB, although I think it's the only item that doesn't have fibre.

nuts,fish meat and cheese are also a hexB on green.

That's true, Brightonrosie! Well pointed out! I was just thinking about cereal bars, as I found some lovely ones today by Dorset Foods, the ones that make the posh mueslis, some of which are HEXbs. The bars came out as 7 syns on the calculator but are packed with fibre, nuts, and seeds, and very low in fat, much more nutritious than Alpen Light bars, and probably HIFI bars too! I know that most HEXs are worth 5-6 syns but I was thinking it was such a shame that I couldn't kind of 'part exchange' it as a HEXb and carry one syn over to my syns if that makes sense!!! I think SW would slap my wrists for making up my own rules! LOL!X

lol @ part exchanging HE's :) I would exchange my 2 Alpens for a Tracker bar.. mmm..

Believe it or not one Alepn light bar has more fibre (4.6gm) than the Dorset cereal bar has (1.8gms) x

Back