Green Days What meals do you have?

Im on a gree day today and im eating...

B - 2 banana's and some sw quiche
L - Mugshot and some ryvina minis (hexb)
D - boiled rice with quorn mince flavoured with an oxo cube, onions and mushrooms

Tonight I am having roasted red reppers filled with couscous and topped with mozzarella with grilled tuna steak (HEXb + 4syns) and some stir fried noodles and veg :)

I am on a green day.

meatfree balls (asda 2 syns for pack) and spagetti, vegtable chow mein, chips, eggs and beans, quorn sasage sweet potatoe mash and veg, jacket potatoe

Being a veggie I love my green days, they are mainly carb-based though!

I love curries but if I want to cut down on the carbs a bit I halve the rice amount I would usually have and have a mound of steamed spinach with it, and some yogurt/cucumber/mint dip.

Also lower carb options are stir fries with tofu, or potato skins with the insides scooped out loaded with yummy free things and topped with cheese, served with salad. You can freeze and save the potato for making potato cakes when you get those carb urges :D

I also make tons of soup for lunches, which is great to keep in the freezer when I'm feeling lazy.

Also casseroles! Bung in loads of root veg and pulses with a can of tomatoes, add some herbs, ta-dah.

Thank you, everyone. :)

Do you lose well on green days, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not the best person to look at really, I tend to lose a chunk (4/6lbs) then put on a pound, then lose a chunk etc, I'm so damn unpredictable! Red days are meant to be faster but I'm happy with the way I am going.
I have started adding a few EE days however, which I love.

I'm veggie and love my green days. Although SW don't specifically say to have 1/3 superfree I think it is a good habit and would recommend doing it whatever plan you are following.

In terms of meals, the world is your oyster but some favourites are:
  • chilli - quorn, vegetable or bean versions with rice or baked potato
  • curry - quorn or vegetable, chinese, indian and thai varieties
  • lentil dahl
  • risotto- lots of different versions
  • moroccan vegetables with cous cous
  • moussaka
  • mediterranean pasta bake
  • mixed mushroom pasta bake
  • meatfree meatballs with spaghetti
  • pasta with numerous sauces
  • canneloni or lasagne
  • tortilla
  • ratatouille
  • jambalaya
It's worthwhile looking at recipe sites and books for inspiration as a lot of recipes can be made SW friendly :)

I love green days. Tend to eat veg curries, quorn bolognese, jacket potatoes, quorn cottage pie, pasta dishes etc. I have a lot of carb based meals tbh and so far weight loss has been good, apart from over Christmas.

Good luck x

Butternut squash and red lentil curry s a fave of mine. I'm a real red day meat eater, but have to make an exception for this ocassionally.

Lynda

whats all this mugshot malarky?

I've been on green days only since I began in September last year and have lost over 3.5 stone doing it so yes green days are good.

My favourite dinners are:

Quorn balti
spaghetti carbonara
tuna/pasta/sweetcorn
sweet potato hash
quorn chow mein
gammon (or Quorn sausage), egg, chips, beans
Quorn madras
Quorn shepherd's pie
sausage and bean casserole

although I would probably just have the Quorn balti every day if I had my way lol

Back