What motivates you to lose weight?

1st My son he starts school next year so i totaly understand where your coming from, i got teased at school for having what was classed then as an older mum ( she was 40 when she had me ) and kids used to shout kelly ur grandmas here till it got to the point i wouldnt let her pick me up.

2nd my wedding dress, i get married in august and still have no wedding dress !

My motivations are pretty much the same as everyone elses.

My 2 children: I was bullied at school because I was big, they also teased me because my dad was big, that hurt more than anything as I worshiped him. I don't want my children to go through either those things. By doing SW I get myself in shape and also ensure they have a healthy relationship with food!

Me: I'm turing 30 (eeek) in a few months and I want to look fab! I've never been slim as an adult and this is it. I've eaten away the last few years and missed out on things as I felt too big to do them - in reality I probably wasn't, but a times size can be all consuming!

So, feeling my age is a big one, dressing in clothes I love rather than just what I can find to fit.

I've recently been able to wear clothes in size 16, it has been YEARS since I last wore that size (not all 16's fitting at mo) Fitting in to things that were too tight a while ago feels so so so so much better than eating some chocolate or crisps. Also feeling my waist getting smaller, it just makes me really excited for how I may look at target.

Edwin & Fuffs - Please do stick with this. I've done SW around 5 times and for one reason or another have given up/lost motivation. I always wish I had just kept going as I would have reached my goal long ago if I'd kept going. If we go back to our old habits, the one guarantee is we will gain weight and feel as bad as we did before.

Phew - epic post over ;)

Originally Posted by Indieflower
Never apologise for voicing your thoughts....how else would we know to motivate you! :D

This might sound crazy, BUT, I feel the same and I have just sat down and gave myself a good old talking too!! Like your Granny would :D

You've come so far....do not stop now! Imagine reaching all those goals and how proud you would be of yourself....that would be one hell of a pick me up.

If you feel down about the plan....go back to basics, try new things and enthuse yourself again. You'll kick yourself in months to come if you don't. We all have ups and downs BUT we're here to pick you up :D:D:D

K xxx

Hi Edwin,
Good luck with this new chapter-its amazing how much better we can feel by just taking back the control. You have done brilliantly so far! Dig deep, go back to basics and good luck! Tracey x

My motivations are pretty much the same as everyone elses.

My 2 children: I was bullied at school because I was big, they also teased me because my dad was big, that hurt more than anything as I worshiped him. I don't want my children to go through either those things. By doing SW I get myself in shape and also ensure they have a healthy relationship with food!

Me: I'm turing 30 (eeek) in a few months and I want to look fab! I've never been slim as an adult and this is it. I've eaten away the last few years and missed out on things as I felt too big to do them - in reality I probably wasn't, but a times size can be all consuming!

So, feeling my age is a big one, dressing in clothes I love rather than just what I can find to fit.

I've recently been able to wear clothes in size 16, it has been YEARS since I last wore that size (not all 16's fitting at mo) Fitting in to things that were too tight a while ago feels so so so so much better than eating some chocolate or crisps. Also feeling my waist getting smaller, it just makes me really excited for how I may look at target.

Edwin & Fuffs - Please do stick with this. I've done SW around 5 times and for one reason or another have given up/lost motivation. I always wish I had just kept going as I would have reached my goal long ago if I'd kept going. If we go back to our old habits, the one guarantee is we will gain weight and feel as bad as we did before.

Phew - epic post over ;)

I can relate to everything you said in your 'epic' post lol

Kids are cruel enough. Don't want to give the ammunition to shoot my son with for the whole of his school life.

This is probably the 4th-5th time I have joined SW in 8 years. I have also joined WW 3 times in that time. Tried all types of wierd diets too. I have lost weight on all. But I wish I had stuck with SW, because like you, I would have been at target years ago.

But, heres to a future slim us!!lol

I wanna feel sexy pole dancing again. I'm avoiding it right now, because I feel like a flump. I've set myself a stone, then I'll get back on.

Nothing, and I mean that, in my wardrobe fits me. I'm having to wear my girlfriends clothes, she's a size bigger than me. I suppose at least I haven't had to go out and buy new clothes though.

Great thread. I have lots of mini motivations!! :

I love fitting in size 12 clothes and enjoying shopping again.

When I was at my biggest I could feel the strain on my knees...I no longer feel like that - I feel LIGHT!

Getting on the scales and seeing the numbers going down :D

Not wanting to be the 'fat girl' anymore whose always eats the most and everyone jokes about, not wanting to be the person who's always making excuses for her weight.

Not wanting to be the biggest mummy at the school gates!!!...wanting to create a healthy example for my son.

I honestly think that losing weight has motivated me in SO many areas of my life!! I am more confident with my 11 month old son. I don't laze around as much - I do lots of housework and ironing, I don't feel as lazy in many ways, I'm getting a job soon hopefully and I'm so excited about it rather than dreading it like I would have done before. Im determined to be the best I can in life & I honestly believe losing weight is helping me get off my butt and make changes!!

:D:D

Great thread. I have lots of mini motivations!! :

I love fitting in size 12 clothes and enjoying shopping again.

When I was at my biggest I could feel the strain on my knees...I no longer feel like that - I feel LIGHT!

Getting on the scales and seeing the numbers going down :D

Not wanting to be the 'fat girl' anymore whose always eats the most and everyone jokes about, not wanting to be the person who's always making excuses for her weight.

Not wanting to be the biggest mummy at the school gates!!!...wanting to create a healthy example for my son.

I honestly think that losing weight has motivated me in SO many areas of my life!! I am more confident with my 11 month old son. I don't laze around as much - I do lots of housework and ironing, I don't feel as lazy in many ways, I'm getting a job soon hopefully and I'm so excited about it rather than dreading it like I would have done before. Im determined to be the best I can in life & I honestly believe losing weight is helping me get off my butt and make changes!!

:D:D

You sound soooo motivated. It's fantastic to read. I too used to feel lazy, but no more and feel the strain in my knees.

Weight loss is the way forward :D

for me its about the usual clothes and things but its more about health to i have failed so many times but unlike a lot of you im not sure this time will be any different if im brutally honest im just taking it each day at a time and giving it my all
my mum used to be really overweight but ill health and just getting older she has shrunk to about ten stone u think shell understand my battles shes been theere but no shell say things like (i got this lovely jumper in such n such which i would lend you but it wouldnt fit )na u dont say seening as im size 22
my son said to me a few wks ago when i cuddle you my arms dont go all way round that hurts
i am also starting a new job on tues first for ABOUT 3 YRS
wow never realised i had that all in me till now sorry if ive bored you all this site is the absolute best i think im getting addicted to it first thing i checked when i opened my eyes take care all xx

I wanna feel sexy pole dancing again. I'm avoiding it right now, because I feel like a flump. I've set myself a stone, then I'll get back on.

Nothing, and I mean that, in my wardrobe fits me. I'm having to wear my girlfriends clothes, she's a size bigger than me. I suppose at least I haven't had to go out and buy new clothes though.
Me too! I was taking lessons after losing weight with LL, but the weight quickly came back on and I stopped going as I am now just too fat to poledance. I can't wait to start again, only this time I'm losing the weight sensibly and slowly, hoping to keep it off! x

Me too! I was taking lessons after losing weight with LL, but the weight quickly came back on and I stopped going as I am now just too fat to poledance. I can't wait to start again, only this time I'm losing the weight sensibly and slowly, hoping to keep it off! x

The mad thing is I have a pole in my lounge, so I really had no excuse to put the weight on. I fell last year and instead of continuing to pole on my other side, and continue to practice my splits,I just gave up all together.:copon:

Great thread! For me it's a few things ~

My health (I have had Crohns Disease for 26 years) and am hoping that eating healthy and losing weight will help with the bloating, joint inflammation, give me energy, etc.

To give me much needed confidence which I know will, in turn, improve other areas of my life like feeling sexy again, not turning down invitations to go out because I feel fat and frumpy.

To look good on my holiday ~ I promised myself that the next time I go on hols I WILL wear a bikini and have lovely clothes to wear so we go away in September which gives me time to lose weight.

TBH I just want to enjoy life!! xx

Back