What motivates you?

devotchka

Hi ladies and gents,
I thought it would be nice if we could share the things that really motivate us. The reasons we're doing this. It can help to be reminded sometimes, I think.

So, here are mine:
  • I want to fit into a pair of gorgeous, retro, high-waisted flares
  • I want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up without straining
  • I want to look good in clothes
  • I want to feel confident about my body and think 'Damn, girl, you look gooood!'

Losing weight so easily on SW motivates me - and seeing my friends lose weight too (a few of us go to class together, and my other friends keep in touch about SW!)

I think i also know that THIS time, its going - and i aint stopping till its gone! :D which apparently isnt for a long time, but im in this for the long term - its took me 20 years to get this overweight - i cant expect it to fall off in a week :D x

Nice post btw! x

Mini goals motivates me.....Oh and also the thought of waddling down the aisle next year....Everytime I think of looking like a big cloud if I don't lose the weight it makes me back away from the chocolate lol

Looking at my fat photos keeps me motivated. Also, knowing I never want to go through the hard work of losing the weight again keeps me motivated to stay at target. It's hard but I'm never going to put 3 stone on again!
Also, going to group each week keeps me motivated. I need it.

Forcing myself to look at my ugly body in a full length mirror keeps me motivated!

I am 61 this year and am bringing up a Gambian child as my daughter
She has been with me since she was 2 and is now 11. What motivates me is to make sure i am a healthier weight so i live longer, hopefully, and also that i can keep up with her, walking, having fun etc. Looking younger so she can be proud of me not ashamed that i am old and fat.Which i wont be much longer !!!

this post has just given me the motivation to stop eating junk...... ive gone way way way over my syns lol! iva had 59!!!!! ahhhhhhggggg! thanks for this! My goal is to fit into a bikini without totally killing it! looks like ill be having 0 syns for the rest of the week! :(

Shirleen, be happy with it, and love it as you watch it become slimmer.

And thanks, nocomment, glad it helped. We all need a kick up the bum sometimes. In terms of syns, most people have 70 a week, so just balance it out. You'll be okay!

I am 61 this year and am bringing up a Gambian child as my daughter
She has been with me since she was 2 and is now 11. What motivates me is to make sure i am a healthier weight so i live longer, hopefully, and also that i can keep up with her, walking, having fun etc. Looking younger so she can be proud of me not ashamed that i am old and fat.Which i wont be much longer !!!

Deryn that's such a lovely post and a wonderful reason to do this!! I'm sure she's proud of you anyway and grateful for all you do for herXXX

I have lots of reasons to be successful on SW, but a major one for me has to be clothes clothes clothes!! I am passionate about them and love having the confidence to enjoy them and experiment with different looks! I made an effort even at my biggest but I have been feeling so low in confidence that shopping became an unenjoyable pastime and I HATED the way I looked and the way clothes hung on me!! I still have a long way to go, but I can already feel a glimmer of excitement within me once again! Other things that motivate me are upcoming holidays- I don't want to be 'the fat one' on the trip who has to cover everything up! The sunny weather (haha wishful thinking!) coming our way this summer is a big motivation because I really want to look good, feel comfortable in the heat and have lots of energy to get about and do things! Compliments are another thing that keep me going! I'm someone who thrives on compliments (sad but true! It's an Aries trait apparently!) and I'm starting to get loads now, so I'm excited to imagine how many I'll get when I've lost my last 2 stone 11lbs!!X

Thank you so much funcurls for your comments and i wish you success in your continuing weight loss. Happy clothes shopping!! xx

I'm doing it for my kids. I want to learn to eat right so I can bring them up thinking a healthy diet is the norm...

Back