What motivates you!!!

Mandy-j

I'm second day on CD, not the first time i have to admit, but was wondering what keeps you motivated in those dark times when the food demond is out.... u know the ones, when those little voices in your head are trying to convince you to eat something!!!

I always tried to remember why i'm doing this, how i felt when i went out or went shopping all self conscious and just wanting to hide. Know i still have my moments but i feel so much better than i did! Over everything though distractions are the best! Reading a book or coming on here and reading posts and browsing the success stories are always guaranteed to strengthen my will power! Everyone finds their own way of coping. Good luck hun and stick to it because it is worth it! :)

I think a big motivation for me is seeing all those pretty clothes in the shops that I cant wear because I am too large for them. I have ordered christmas vouchers which I get in november ...and theres rather a lot, so I am looking forward to shopping in the january sales with them - I am going to be totally selfish too LOL!

I write it down. Whenever I feel very down and want to eat I start to write it down. Most of the time it's not even real hunger, it's more emotional hunger, like boredom. After doing that I drink some water and try to focus on something I really enjoy doing (playing a game on the pc, watching a film or some programmes, drawing) anything to keep me busy.
If that doesn't help I look at my little list of gifts I'll be getting from my OH when I reach certain goals. It keeps me motivated ^^

Back