what piece of kitchen equipment could you not live without ?

natasha1974

Silver Member
I bought a food processor last month and i dont know how i ever managed without one. I can now make vege scotch eggs , homemade coleslaw, crab cakes, falafels and so much more :D

Essentials
Good set of knives and a chopping board
Scales and measuring spoons
Microwave rice cooker
Food flask

Good to have
Slow cooker
George Foreman grill
Stick blender

ooooooooooooo a microwave rice cooker where would i find one off them :D

My steamer - am on my 2nd one now and couldnt be without it.

I think I could do with a food processer though. Any recommendations for one thats decent but not too pricey?

My cooker.. i dont no how they cooked dinners in the olden days
;)

Essential: Hob. Pans. Knives and chopping board. Deep baking tray and fish slice. Tin foil. Bowl. Grater. Lemon squeezer.

Desirable: mini whizzer, pestle & mortar, steaming pans.

ooooooooooooo a microwave rice cooker where would i find one off them :D

ebay :) they do a fab one for around £7 with a red lid. Only issue is its only enough rice for 2-4 people and I need a larger one. I have a larger one that I've had for over 10 years same make but they no longer seem to make that size.

So my list

Microwave rice cooker
George Foreman

(my caffetiere (sp) for my sanity :8855: )

Another one: measuring spoons!

i got the food processor from tescos £30 and it does the job will try and hunt down the rice cooker on ebay then thankyou x
and i won some measuring spoons at our clubs raffle very useful :D

Kettle, when all else fails have a brew!
Knives and colour coded chopping boards.

My huge stock pots

My ken wood food processor ,Mr treated me last Oct,I'd only grated cheese in it until I started SW,now I use it daily,I'm going to try scotch eggs next week x

Best thing I've had for 20 odd years for cooking rice is a Tupperware multi server ( I thunk it's called that) there's always lots on eBay. It's a square cream box with coloured lid,with a like square colander inside. You boil your rice on the hob in a pan for 8 mins ish,just so it's not hard, then Ypu tip the pan of rice and boiling water into the multi server,and pop lid on quick. It drains the water down through colander, and steams the rice to fluff. Everyone who's ever had my rice comments. It does lots of other things too not just rice. X

What do these rice cookers actually do then? Sorry if that sounds dumb but my rice takes 8 min in a pan anyway, does it whizz it about or do something super yum to it?

I couldn't name just the one gadget, but life would be pretty rubbish without Lakeland:D

Coffee maker or Actifry is my other answer

What do these rice cookers actually do then? Sorry if that sounds dumb but my rice takes 8 min in a pan anyway, does it whizz it about or do something super yum to it?

It steams the rice - it turns out perfect every time and is easier to clean than if doing it in a pot

You can also use it to steam other foods like veggies in the microwave

And I use the bowl for rice pudding, pasta and sauce, risotto and other dishes I cook in the microwave

Back