what really puts you off a partner?

Not really. Just being hoenst. I bet we all have those in our heads but are dont like to say. I suppose mine are:

1- Bad teeth. I like a nice smile, normally the first thign I notice.

2- Bad breath. there is not much worse than a girl whose breath stinks while you are trying to kiss them.

3- Too much makeup. This ties in with the below one. I think girls look best at their most natural. Unless you are going for a certain look then dont paste it on. No point. Just makes me wanna throw a wet wipe in their face and watch in horro as their face melts.

4- Fake tan. This is a pet hate. I like natural skin. Whether its super pale or super dark. Natural is best! Fake tan is possibly worse than bad breath in my opinion.

5- Someone who can't drive. It really limits alot of thigns and is nice. In this day and age most girls my age should at least have a licence.

6- Chavs with jewellery. A lady does not need gold dripping off them to be sophisticated and attractive. If anything a new well placed pieces is nice enough.

7- Thick people. Sorry, but I like girls who are uni educated. It's not that I am snobby it just shows to me I can have an educated conversation but more importantly they have the drive to achieve something rather than barrell rolling through school and then running away and getting a sh!t job.

8- Constant *****ing. I understand every human on this earth goes through bad patches and needs a shout and a *****. but I can't understand guys who put up with girls who CONSTANTLY ***** and moan at them. If youa re with me we will have a good time!

9- Girls who hate sport. I don't mind girls who dislike it but put up with it. Now dont get me wrong. I dont have a season ticket to any football teams, or go down the pub daily etc etc. But I like sport and I get excited when theres an olympics of a super bowl etc. And its ok to not like it. But I don't understand girls who give their OH grief over it. I mean if you watch 3 hours of soaps a week then surely I can watch Ski Sunday or an NFL game?

10- Too nice girls. Nice girls are..........nice. But I like a girl with a bad side. And if you are a ncie girl willing to have a bad side, thats fine. But its those ones who are jsut all milk and cookies. Make me sick.

ok, maybe YOU do not match the points on MY 'checklist'...who knows...
but,
except for not having a driver's licence, I believe I match all of yours...
so, it could have been you and me, sulleyp...

what a pitty ;)

Yes what a pity. What is your checklist then gold emerald?

hey hey sulleyp....too long for here, too long...
...but, if I dare say, I'm rather quite a catch, so I have my standards .................nah, kidding ;)

but, you might be able to just aswell sweep me off my feet and make me fall for you, if you covered the most important ones to me, coz the others ones seem to be bendy.lol...

so, you might want to rethink that licence requirement, there!!! ;)

what do you say!?we might just click and you might actually like me despite my lack to drive and you might just be my mr. perfect! :)

Hi all, I must say how refreshing it is to see other people having disagreements other than me! (I did say 'off topic' is silly...hmmm!) I can see both sides, reading your 'checklist' sulleyp it originally came across as a little stereotyping. Many people in the Uk are not as fortunate in being able to have University degrees - me being one of them. I was very upset at not being given the opportunity to go to uni - but instead I got myself a live in job - I was a redcoat at bognor (ha ha ha, yep I hear your hysterics!) I lived in a shed while I worked there and my money went on open university fees so I could get my degree. 7 years later I graduated (rather than the 4 years it would have taken if I had gone to uni) I didn't get my cap and gown and flashy pic on my Mother's wall - but I did get my certificate and a good job. On the other hand, I see how you can get cross at those who enjoy cashing my (and 85% of the populations taxes) to get there dole money. But I do like to think that the majority of people who are on the dole are unwell and have real reasons for being unable to work. What I'd like to know is...who on earth gave the likes of Gordon Brown and David Cameron permission to use my tax money to pay their mortgages? Yeah the goverment parties are not paid 'great' money - neither am I, but if I used expenses from my job to pay my taxes, my ass would be out of a job quicker than anything!!! Perhaps if the 'dossers/dole chequers' had better role models, maybe the society wouldn't be in the mess it is today! I sincerely hope sulleyp that you are NEVER in the position to have to 'sign on' - given the current climate maybe you should think on a little before critising those who are less fortunate than yourself. BTW - I'm not wishing to offend you here! Everyone is entitled to their opinions :) Hugs x

I signed on for 4 months at the start of the year. It was what made me so bitter. I know there are those who are unable to work due to disabilities. My hosuemate is an example.

The reason I was made bitter by signing on is that I had worked hard and been laid off. I went down to the dole every Wednesday morning for my 10am appointment at 9.50amc dressed smartly. Was forced to wait an extra 15 mins because the people before me hadn't turned up on time. Then the rolled in everytime in what can only be described as very very casual wear complaining they needed to be in and out for whatever reason. They ranged from the kid needed feeding to the dogs were tied up outside.

After 4 months of constantly looking for a job I got one in the field I took my degree in. So I know what its like to sign on. But the people surrounding me were not the unfortunate souls. Well those I would class unfortunate. They were fit and healthy people about my age. i once heard a convo about how he enjoyed signing on as he got to hang round and chat to his mates at the job centre.

Emma I feel you have misread my comments. Its my fault as I should have worded them better. But the whole uni thing was more about showing dedication and some sorta intellegence.

Emma I feel you have misread my comments. Its my fault as I should have worded them better. But the whole uni thing was more about showing dedication and some sorta intellegence.

hmmm maybe I have misunderstood - nothing unusual there! To explain... Going off your 'checklist' I think it was the whole "thick people" comment, which then went onto you saying about people without degrees. I know many very intelligent men and women who don't have degrees. It's sad really for those who are of the disadvantage of having health issues but have perfectly well balanced brains! You say about 'dedication' and 'some sorta intelligence' - on the same foot, what about single parents who's partners have left them for whatever reason and their whole life is dedicated to bringing up their children, meaning they are unable to work. Single mum's and Dad's cannot afford Nursery fees! (just one example!) People can be dedicated in many ways and have intelligence of many kinds. My Grandfather is one of the most knowledgable, dedicated and intelligent people I know. He doesn't have a degree. He fought in the army, then became a Father to my Mum and her siblings and worked very hard in coal mines for most of his life. Basing it on the 'job' side of things is actually lacking a little intelligence about the 'real world' IMHO. I feel very fortunate to have a job I enjoy rather than a physically demanding job that I do to put food in kids mouths (which is the case for MANY people in our society) That to me shows more dedication that any certification/degree! I have a friend who has a terminally ill child, and has no choice but to sign on the dole to ensure that she is at home with her little one. She has spoken to me many times about feeling 'dreadful' for signing on as she is perfectly capable of working, but can not due to her own personal commitments. On the other foot sp - I AGREE ENTIRELY that there are many young kids and even adults out there who sign on then go buying drugs and spend all day chatting with mates, doing crimes, drinking etc...As far as I see it, they will get there comeupance! But until then we should support those who are genuinley using dole money in good faith !!!

Wow...is this still going on???

Perhaps we should cut Sulleyp some slack. He has already admitted that he made the wrong choice of words.

Plus I put stupidity down on my list, and no-one is biting my head off.

Everyone likes different things, and just as well as it would be a bloody boring world!

Sulleyp is entitled to specify whatever he likes in a partner, as is anyone else. As I said before, everyone stereotypes at times, it's not a big deal.

Maybe we should draw a line now and get on with the original thread topic?

To be honest, Sulleyp was being honest, and while I agree that he could have worded it better, I admire his honesty.

And another thing for my list is men who lie.

I'll get off my soapbox now....:rolleyes:

You are right about the uni thing though. As I said before its just a wya of showing you are intellegent and not a complete slacker more interested in the colours of a dole cheque. But then I suppose some are quick to reply.

so that would be folks like me then. not everyone on the dole wants to be there, plenty folks have lost thier jobs in the reccesion and have had to go on the dole

ive been out of work since 2005 and get sick of the abuse that gets hurled my way, im no slacker, and not thick and im not a sponger, im the mother of a severly disabled child thanks to many nhs screw ups

something to add to my list of no's ignorance

Wooooooo! Hang on a min - I really wasn't having a go at sulleyp!!! :( I did make it clear I wasn't voicing my opinions to offend him or anyone else! I guess I just wanted to make him more aware that intelligence and dedication comes in many forms, not just degrees :):):) Hugs to you all you all know I love you!!!) But there is nothing I enjoy more than a good hearted debate! (The truth is I just like proving men wrong LMAO!!!) x x x x

(The truth is I just like proving men wrong LMAO!!!) x x x x

Don't we all Emma hehe!

I know you weren't having a go, but I think if I was sulleyp right now, I would just want to forget this and move on. Especially since he has tried so hard to explain himself and pacify everyone x

didnt read it elvira, i commented as soon as i had read the origional comment he made

ok he explained a little after emma responded but its something i feel strongly about since i get snide remarks from others on a weekly basis ( including this morning by a damn doorstep charity sign up twonk )

didnt read it elvira, i commented as soon as i had read the origional comment he made

ok he explained a little after emma responded but its something i feel strongly about since i get snide remarks from others on a weekly basis ( including this morning by a damn doorstep charity sign up twonk )

yeah i can understand that sumayyah. people are very quick to judge sometimes and have blanket opinions. my mum used to get the same because she couldn't work as my brother was born with Cystic Fibrosis. people thought she was a sponger. i know totally where you are coming from

Theres only so many times I can apologise for wording it wrong. Theres only so many times I can explain that I dont have anything against those who legitimately claim dole money. And theres only so many times I can take a tounge lashing after I have apologised before I really start to get p!ssed off.

There are a lot of people on this forum who reading as a neutral would be suprised at some of the things being said and I think for that reason we should draw a line under the issue. If you wish to carry it on then feel free to vent to me in a pm but don't expect a reply.

I feel this is best as I have had a couple of friends pm me asking if I would like them to get involved but I feel that would only cause a divide and create an issue.

HHmmmm,well i have just found this thread and have read sulley's comments and i have to say i would like to cut him some slack,cos as a woman -yes i've just been and checked-i hink he deserves a bit of slack. Is he asking for someone to cook his diner and do his laundry ?? Well not openly

Firstly re the driving. I am female-sorry to bang on about it-my previous husband didnt drive and to be honest i got really fed up of beimg the one who had to drive anywhere-could rarely have a drink,and long journeys no picnic-so actually i think that cuts both ways-however there are lots of couple who neither drive and manage perfectly well !! Thankfull my hubby now does and i can tell you it was a breath of fresh air

Intelligence-yep-would like to point out that i dont have a degree or have even been to uni. ( my Hubby has but had far too much fun and got asked to leave-another story) but i dont consider myself to be stupid. As your libido slows its nice to be able to have a proper discussion rather than just sit together and watch soaps ( nothing wrong with that now and then of course). PLus we did once win a game of trivial pusuit against a room full of ex students and we were the only ones degree less-we have never let them forget that !!

The same with sport-or any interests-my hubby watches motorcycle racing and whilst i can take it leave it i do get quite into it sometimes-in return he has to watch Gok Wan with me and try to have an opinion on how this weeks victim looks !! again itgs a 2 way thing.

Smelly breathe and too much make up are a no no for both men and women so enough said.

Finally although I'm extremely happliy married i still like to 'window shop' so here is my list

1. I like pretty boys-dont ask me why-Brian Molko MMMmmmmm!!!
2. Sense of humour
3. nice bum,and a nice smile-i like a nice view of either end
4. Not tight fisted-dont object to splitting the bill but a bit of generosisty doesnt hurt !!
5. thoughfullness and cosnideration
6. I dont like chauvanism
7. Accept me for who i am

I feel this is best as I have had a couple of friends pm me asking if I would like them to get involved but I feel that would only cause a divide and create an issue.

I was just having a bit of innocent banter to be fair sulleyp! Take it as you wish. This is an open forum don't forget :) As soon as I got the jist of the possiblitiy of you being offended I did send you a rep straight away to explain that I was having some friendly banter! As far as I'm concerned there is no issue at all from my part. If an issue has been created by you and your 'friends who have pm'd you' then I can only say - what is holding them back?! As far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with a 'friendly debate' (which is all I saw it as) I shall bear in mind the ones who take things personal in future.

Just so you know Emma, I'm not one of those pm'ing friends. I'd say it to you if I had a problem with what you said, which I don't :p xxx

I'm not bothered either way hun, you know me! It's gone from a bit of fun that was taken wrong to tit for tat. I'm not into the whole 'who has more friends than the other' - I finished school a long time ago!

Back