what really puts you off a partner?

Hi EmmaPetty,

I was not and am not offended. I am sorry if it came across as being "harsh". I started out by saying that I was going to have to give up my fantasy about SulleyP (he is such a cutie) because I, personally, cannot deal with the "bit of rough".

I thought we were talking about "our turn offs" -- and so I was -- devastating as it is... I guess I will just have to stick with the old guy I am married to, because it is (I suspect) a generational thing.

BTW, many of my closest friends have been (and still are) men over the years.

MM

lol - fair doos hun!

Hugs x x x

Can't stand penny-pinching when it is not necessary, I once dated an extremely well paid man that would scrape the mould off cheap bread etc
For obvious reasons he soon became an ex!

Can't stand penny-pinching when it is not necessary, I once dated an extremely well paid man that would scrape the mould off cheap bread etc
For obvious reasons he soon became an ex!

:eek: You have just described one of my Uncle's down to a t! lol

Before now he has been known to use a veg peeler to scrape mould off cheese! His cupboards are full with lil plastic bags of food that he won't waste! If it goes off, the dog gets it!

Perhaps he has a few quid because he is so stingy?

I also hate stingy people. With a passion. Share the wealth share the love.

Wow this thread made me chuckle :D

Oh man, where do I start?! In no particular order:

1. The inability to look after himself e.g. poor hygiene, doesn't tidy up, can't function without me type thing.

2. Stupidity or even worse, ignorance.

3. Insensitivity.

4. Use of the C word...you know the one...

5. When he blames every one of my bad moods on 'that time of the month'.

6. Leaving the room/house when arguing. Just stay and talk to me and it will be sorted out!

7. Lack of romance, and thinking that flowers and chocolates are the only way to be romantic.

8. Inappropriate touching when I just want a hug. I want a hug, not a grope. If I want a grope, I will damn well ask for one!

9. Having no aspirations in life. I really hate it when a guy doesn't like his job or whatever, yet he won't do anything about it and instead sits *****ing about it all day long. Grow some balls and take a chance! Oh and mummy's boys...get a backbone!

10. Lack of self confidence. I don't have much of my own so I need a man who has some.

And then there are minor things that I don't really go for but wouldn't reject a guy just for them e.g. overly skinny guys, guys shorter than me, macho men (loads of muscles...yuck!), guys that flash their money around and that's about it. Okay, I'm done!

Wow, I look like a complete cow now! :p

well least you know what you want

Not really. Just being hoenst. I bet we all have those in our heads but are dont like to say. I suppose mine are:

1- Bad teeth. I like a nice smile, normally the first thign I notice.

2- Bad breath. there is not much worse than a girl whose breath stinks while you are trying to kiss them.

3- Too much makeup. This ties in with the below one. I think girls look best at their most natural. Unless you are going for a certain look then dont paste it on. No point. Just makes me wanna throw a wet wipe in their face and watch in horro as their face melts.

4- Fake tan. This is a pet hate. I like natural skin. Whether its super pale or super dark. Natural is best! Fake tan is possibly worse than bad breath in my opinion.

5- Someone who can't drive. It really limits alot of thigns and is nice. In this day and age most girls my age should at least have a licence.

6- Chavs with jewellery. A lady does not need gold dripping off them to be sophisticated and attractive. If anything a new well placed pieces is nice enough.

7- Thick people. Sorry, but I like girls who are uni educated. It's not that I am snobby it just shows to me I can have an educated conversation but more importantly they have the drive to achieve something rather than barrell rolling through school and then running away and getting a sh!t job.

8- Constant *****ing. I understand every human on this earth goes through bad patches and needs a shout and a *****. but I can't understand guys who put up with girls who CONSTANTLY ***** and moan at them. If youa re with me we will have a good time!

9- Girls who hate sport. I don't mind girls who dislike it but put up with it. Now dont get me wrong. I dont have a season ticket to any football teams, or go down the pub daily etc etc. But I like sport and I get excited when theres an olympics of a super bowl etc. And its ok to not like it. But I don't understand girls who give their OH grief over it. I mean if you watch 3 hours of soaps a week then surely I can watch Ski Sunday or an NFL game?

10- Too nice girls. Nice girls are..........nice. But I like a girl with a bad side. And if you are a ncie girl willing to have a bad side, thats fine. But its those ones who are jsut all milk and cookies. Make me sick.

Last edited:
Sorry Elvira but not for me. The dark side is best. Id ake the REAL elvira anyday. She was a minx

Ooh I forgot to say I hate it when guys are overly patriotic. It's like I don't want to hear how great England is all the time. It's a country. So what??? You could have been born anywhere. It's not like there was any skill involved in 'choosing' where you were born...:(

Sorry Elvira but not for me. The dark side is best. Id ake the REAL elvira anyday. She was a minx

Wow...seems like an insult there somewhere...

I'll keep my jokes to myself in future!!!

Edit: Nice try Sulleyp but now you are agreeing that I am a fatty made of milk and cookies. Try again....

Oh dear. I am gonna walk away from this rather quickly............

wow thats 2 long lists of what you two don't like and they are very specific in details. but I am sure if you met someone and clicked with them, but they had one or two of the things on your lists you would over look them.

Of course. Id prob overlook 6 or 7 if they were amazing.

lol its funny because I said I would never date let alone marry a hairy man. I now shave my hubby's back the things we do for love (are normally yucky)

I agree about overlooking certain things. I would never be that specific in reality. My current partner, and this will sound horrible, does just about all of those things!!! It drives me crazy :p

Back