What shakes do you guys have on DDs?

Big H

Silver Member
Ready made slimfast shakes (which is what I was thinking of having) are approx 230 cals. It would mean I could only havw 2 of thosw and just 40 cals left :-(

Why not have food or buy the powdered shakes (slimfast ) and make up with skimmed much less cals? I think most people when they use shakes use up their vlcd shakes which are about 150 cals.

Big H said:
Ready made slimfast shakes (which is what I was thinking of having) are approx 230 cals. It would mean I could only havw 2 of thosw and just 40 cals left :-(

I think if you want to use shakes then the products from slim and save are good value taste nice and are lower cal than slim fast. I'm using food on down days. Tomorrow is my first dd so we shall see how it turns out for me.

Hi there,

I have a ready-made slim fast shake mid-day and then a weight watchers chicken hot pot meal in the evening ...... Yum!

I like having the shake and ready meal because its controlled ....... It's easier for me to manage.

Good luck!

:)

I eat real food as well, but I can see how it would be a convenient choice especially for those coming of the shake diets and they are used to them.

slim n save ones are good cause they're quite low in cals (im not a fan of them, they seem to have a lot of milk powder or some kind of dairy which im slightly intolerant to)

I like Exante ones personally, at 200 cals each, but they're big enough to split into 2 portions. So you could theorectically have 4 "meals" for 400 cals. Tesco's own are ok, quite cheap if you're on a budget, and if you make them without the milk they're a lot lower in cals.

I did shakes for a week, didnt get on that well because I was constantly phelgmy with slim n save shakes and just found shakes to be expensive for calories, when you can make yourself a smallish meal with 200 cals.

Thanks a lot guys :)

Back