What shape/style of dress?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Ok I'm the typical pear shaped. I'm going to my best mates wedding at Easter. I want to look my best as in quite a posh hotel.

I was thinking of getting a dress but not sure what style. I'm size 16 on top (the boobies lol) & 16/18 on the bottom depending on where from but hope to be a proper 16 by then.

I seem to lose my weight from the bit just beneath my boobs & not where I want it to come off.

Am I just safer sticking to black trousers & a tunic top???Help please.

I'm in my early 30's so nothing 2 granny looking lol

lol, go to debenhams, and get a nice dress, that's a halterneck. I find (being a big boobed lady myself) even in my bigger days it always made me look alot slimmer. a thick satin type material is best too, it slim, and looks fitted but doesn't cling like a loose material :)

im sure you'l look beautiful! - and dont wear black! LOL xx

lol, go to debenhams, and get a nice dress, that's a halterneck. I find (being a big boobed lady myself) even in my bigger days it always made me look alot slimmer. a thick satin type material is best too, it slim, and looks fitted but doesn't cling like a loose material :)

im sure you'l look beautiful! - and dont wear black! LOL xx

I'd normally do this but going for dressy. Thanks

You could also get a corset style top and a nice A line skirt.

Are you a real pear or actually an hourglass? If the latter then you could get a pencil skirt that flicks out at the bottom.

Thanks loving those dresses.....

I'm a definite pear shaped

Oh my goodness! I didn't realise Monsoon did 'proper' sizes - I thought it was all skinny-minx (ie 16 & under) stuff!

Wow, if I could afford it I'd shop!

My Dort(18) is a pear shape and she looks best in a dress that's gathered under her bust (she often wears stretchy belts to accentuate this). However we've discovered for her she has to follow certain 'rules'.
They are: sleeves are necessary to balance the hip/shoulder (she sometimes wears shrugs if necessary)
Necklines have to be a 'v' shape or a fairly low scoop to elongate the neck area (women usually have fantastic skin here so show it off)

Here's an article I've found
How the Pear-Shaped Woman Should Dress: Clothes to Look Great for those with a Small Bust & Heavy Hips

in my what not to wear book in says pears should wear a stapless style dress (to boarden your shoulders) which has a flared skirt.
gok says to go for a full lenght dress or a shirt dress

Back