What size are the bars?

Kiika

Hello everyone :) I have just received my samples from S&S and everything seems in order except the meal replacement bar is tiny!!

Is this the standard size (35g) or is this just a sample size? I cant imagine a bar that size would do anything to stave off hunger for 5 minutes!?

BTW its the chocolate trufa bar.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Yes, that's the standard size of the bars. Once you're in ketosis you'll find that 1 bar is fine.

how many days does that take? About 3 or 4? or more?

Maybe I will stick to shakes and the other options until I get there then maybe have the odd bar after that.

I suppose im used to the size of the slimfast bars which are 3-4 timex the size. it was a bit of a shock! lol

I think the bars are too small to , so I am sticking to the shakes and meals.

They are ok as an evening snack though if on four packs a day.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I was debating whether to go on the 4 a day plan.

Also, i'm currently munching through the chocolate bar now and its very quite a heavy bar, so maybe it would be ok, but like you said, probably better as a snack.

What's the kind of loss that can be expected on S&S? I ideally want to lose a stone over the next month then start to re-introduce foods at the beginning of april for the last stone. But as I only really want to lose 1.5 or 2 stone, is this realistic? :)

The bars are smaller than other bars - but they are so delish! Also they only have around 135 calories whereas others are often more like 180 or 200. Some people do substitute biggest loser bars and others - I don't know much about that though. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will let you know.

A stone a month is average so you ought to be ok. You could do 4 packs a day for the first month and then move to 3 packs a day plus protein meal for the second month. You can't eat meals with carbs in though if you want to lose weight this way as it will knock you out of ketosis. It can take up to 5/6 days to get into ketosis, although some people are quicker.

I know my luck It'll take me ages!! LOL

Would I still manage to lose a stone on 4 packs a day? (best guess) or should I start on 3 a day because I am a shorty at only 5ft.

With the 3 packs you are supposed to have 100g of protein too so I don't think it will make much difference. Decide whether you want a bit of chicken to munch in the evening or a 4th pack.

No one can say whether you will lose a stone in a month but most people do. Be aware though that you need to refeed gradually as if you come out of ketosis and eat carbs all of a sudden your glycogen stores will refill and glycogen stores contain water so you will carry water weight and immediately show a gain. The idea is that you introduce food gradually so that you maintain your weight and are not faced with a sudden gain. So have a good plan in place for when you stop and do it gradually. Introducing food and gradually cutting out the packs is the key.

Do you know if S&S can provide a plan for re-feeding? Or do we have to find our own??

Also, anyone know how I add a weight loss ticker? as you can see, it didnt work for me!! lol

oh, there we go! :)

S&S will provide a personal plan for you for refeeding if you contact them. It depends on your start weight, height, current weight, how long you've been on the diet etc. Or you can follow one of the other VLCD refeeding plans such as CD or LL.

good thinking! I was looking at CD stages, but i think i'll contact S&S nearer the time as I dont want to do anything wrong and balloon!! :) lol

Back