What sweetner do you prefer?

Nina41

I Started with splenda but thought that leaves a horrible after taste. I am using canderel now and find it better.

If I have to use any I use Splenda because it's not Aspartame based...I avoid Aspartame like the plague.

i use the the brand 'Slimmer' which i buy from morrisons, half the price of Canderel. It's a huge jar with a big red lid

ingredients: acesulfame K and aspartame

Splenda - it's the easiest to use in cooking and in drinks, unlike other sweeteners it doesn't form a skin, and again, it's non-aspartame which is a huge bonus.

The other sweetener I use is from Aldi's yellow-top sweetener (Tesco also sell exactly the same one, in the same container, just a different label and a higher price) which is sucralose based and a very good Splenda substitute.

Splenda - it's the easiest to use in cooking and in drinks, unlike other sweeteners it doesn't form a skin, and again, it's non-aspartame which is a huge bonus.

The other sweetener I use is from Aldi's yellow-top sweetener (Tesco also sell exactly the same one, in the same container, just a different label and a higher price) which is sucralose based and a very good Splenda substitute.

Thanks for that i usually buyt mines in tesco but will get it from aldi in future :rolleyes:

I have all manner of alternative strange sweeteners and find that often a mix of several gives a better result. However I'm not entirely sure how Dukan friendly they are - anyone care to hazard a guess?

Maltitol in syrup form (Maltitol affects some people as a laxative but the best flavour of the things I have including sucralose and aspartame IMO)

Erythritol powder (the only 'ol' that does not have laxative effects - to my palate has a slightly cold, almost minty, taste and is irritatingly difficult to get to melt so powder form is better than granules)

Tagatesse (very new on the market, comes in granules, I've not used it much but it seems quite good)

I've also got Tesco aspartame and splenda in both granules in a tub and in little packets which are more concentrated. Both give more unpleasant aftertaste than the options above as far as I am concerned, and of course aspartame is no good for cooking.

Anyone heard of "perfect sweet" with 100% natural Xylitol?

A man in Holland & Barrett recommended it as I used Canderel and found it felt warm on my tongue to taste and once reacted with eggs weirdly?

This xylitol; more expensive but it's sweeter than sugar. Only downside is I think you can taste it (and a coldness) when you use it in baking and it can be a bit grainy...

It's also get 4g carbs in it (per serving)? Anyone know if this is okay? I don't really used it very often tbh..But I explained the diet to the bloke in Holland and Barrett and he seemed to think it was okay..although I doubt he was speaking from experience ..

Anyone heard of "perfect sweet" with 100% natural Xylitol?

I don't know if taste buds react differently in each person but I hated Xylitol with passion! It is supposed to be healthier than any other sweetner as it is natural but by God it gave me the worst metallic after taste!:sign0137:
I use splenda and it is fine with me... no after taste. Also sweet and low does not have an after taste for me.. and I know it does for so many people so.. different strokes for different folks I suppose:p

Back