What time do you have dinner?

Chickywoo

Hi everybody,
I hope you are all well. I have done Slimming World in the past but haven't posted on this section before and recently switched from Weightwatchers. I am just after some advice really.

When doing WW I usually cooked just for myself which meant I could have my dinner at a later time say 7pm - 8pm ish so I wasn't as hungry in the evenings. I intend on cooking for the family as well whilst doing SW but I am scared to eat earlier at say 5pm -6:30pm incase it doesn't fill me long enough.

I know that I can snack on fruit if I get hungry but I am just wondering what time do you eat? Do you find your meals leave you satisfied or do you snack later on?

Thanks in advance xxx :wavey:

i usually eat between 6.30 and 7.. as i'm not hungry any earlier

Depends really - tonight i ate at 5.45 with the family but usually i eat later 7-8, for the same reason as you. But i found if i could i'd save one of my HEB for the evening and then if hungry i'd have 2 weetabix (crumbled up), topped with piles of chopped fruit & then top all of it off with a mullerlight. After eating all that i'm stuffed!!!!

Same reason as you, I hate eating before 7pm. Often I line up my dinner with something I want to watch on TV, which isn't a great habit but I don't have a family so it's either that or nothing lol.

I do the opposite to you Rayven, I have my weetabix when I come home from work at 5:15pm, I'm starving but wouldn't want to be cooking dinner at that time, need some time to chill first.

It depends where I am and what I am doing. It could be anywhere from 5.30pm to 9.30pm. If I eat earlier then I still have a snack later in the evening - I like to eat every three hours or so to keep the engine ticking over. Something high in fibre eg cereal is supposed to be good for a late night snack and help you get to sleep.

When im in work i tend to have my tea around 5.30 - 6.30 ish. If i have a decent sized portion i tend not to get hungry. I generally only get hungry in the evenings on my wknds when im up past my usual bed time and its probably also a bit of sitting in front of the telly munchies.

Depends on what day, mon and tues I work until 8pm so dont eat until 8.15/30 (I work from home and do a slow cooker or a 1 pot meal those days) weds/thurs we eat around 6.30pm fri 6pm sat 7.30pm and sunday the main meal is around 4pm, but its not set in stone any of these times it mainly depends on what we are doing

I have dinner between 12 and 1 pm, I have my TEA about 7:30pm ;)

rover_gem said:
I have dinner between 12 and 1 pm, I have my TEA about 7:30pm ;)

I think when having a similar debate in work once someone through the medium of google found out that tea is meant to refer to meals eaten in the early evening (5ish). Whereas dinner is eaten later in the evening.

Wow! Such variety.
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply I guess I shouldn't feel so worried about it as I can plate up the food for everyone and then if I'm not hungry I could have mine a bit later. :D

Thanks again xxx

I just eat whenever sometimes I end up at work late etc so I have dinner n if I'm hungry I have muller light or carrot sticks etc x

<3... Victoria-Louise...<3.

I'm around the 7-8pm mark too.

I eat between 7pm and 9pm

RegField said:
So did I when I lived in the north. Now I live in the south I have my LUNCH at 1 p.m. and my DINNER at 8 p.m.

It's a north-south thing.

Arghhhh this winds me up so much!!

TEA is a drink!!! You have a LUNCH break at work, kids take a LUNCH box to school.

Lunch and dinner all the way for me!! Tea is something I drnk!

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

Arghhhh this winds me up so much!!

TEA is a drink!!! You have a LUNCH break at work, kids take a LUNCH box to school.

Lunch and dinner all the way for me!! Tea is something I drnk!

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

My mum used to say it was dinner & tea - i used to correct her and say if dinner was in the middle of the day the evening meal is surely supper as tea is something you drink! lol It winds me up too!

I have my DINNER between 6-8pm depends on what time I get home etc. I dont like eating too late because then I feel bloated. I usually save a Heb for evenings incase I get the munchies after DINNER.

I dont drink Tea :p

8-8.30 for me once the kids are in bed. Unless it's sunday and we're all having dinner together which will be around 6ish.

Back