What time of day do you exercise.

purdyAV

Hi just wondered what time of day is best to exercise and how you all manage to fit it in to a busy day. Think I'd like to get up earlier but can't seem to drag myself out of bed! do you get better results in morning or evening?

I prefer to exercise first thing in the morning. I'm a morning person so my energy levels are high then. The good thing for me about exercising first thing is that I get to feel smug all day about it. The bad thing is exercise increases my appetite and then I feel extra hungry all day.

If I'm busy and can't fit it in first thing then my next preference is late afternoon.

any time between 5pm and 7pm

too busy in mornings :(

thanks for replies guys. Gina_b you look amazing! Noticed you a vegan/veggie. Me too! Youve inspired me too get back on that cross trainer. Im setting the alarm early tomorrow morn.

i find the only time i can stick to is mornings. i go for a run at 6.30am and then it's done. very occasionally i can do it in the evening, but i find i'm much more likely to either be genuinely pushed for time or too eager to make excuses then. it's tough though because i really hate mornings :D

does it matter if you exercise before/after a meal? How much time should you leave before exercising after eating?

I used to be able to fit in exercise everyday after work for an hour before tea - but since moving this hasnt been possible - would it be as affective after tea?

if i have the time off work i will go in the morning instead, i feel more energetic then. i do mornings at the weekend but i wish i could do friday morning classes, boo work

I struggle with mornings as can't do on an empty stomach and feel full after brekkie so I tend to do as soon as I get in from work before I can't talk myself out of it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

purdyAV said:
Hi just wondered what time of day is best to exercise and how you all manage to fit it in to a busy day. Think I'd like to get up earlier but can't seem to drag myself out of bed! do you get better results in morning or evening?

Late at night once my son Is in bed

At first I didn't seem to have any time for exercise, due to my long working days. I work with my husband and we used to leave 7.15 in the morning and return after 6pm, most often around 7pm.. sometimes even 8pm. But I managed to sort things out in a way that I can now stay at home in the morning a few hours more and join my husband at around 10ish! So I always workout in the morning. Even on my days off I prefer working out as soon as I wake up! :)

I do a bit of both - three days a week I get up at 5.45am/ 6am and go for a run. The other days I go to classes at the gym at 7pm. I prefer doing stuff in the morning though as it gets it out of the way!

I go everyday on the way home from work, as going before work early in the morning just doesnt appeal to me. On weekends however it tends to be midmorning, and how hungover I am :p

Interesting topic :) Does it matter when you exercise as long as you're exercising?

Its all about meal timing and what your body has in reserve. You want to burn fat, so if you can make sure that there are no back up reserves of glycogen in your liver or muscles, your body will have no choice but to turn to fat stores for the energy needed to workout. If efficiency matters to you that much that, you should time your meals wisely and spread your carb intake through the day according to your exercise time... that's hardcore!

I Exercise as often as I can whenever and where ever I am (got photo's to prove I was doing push ups and crunches at a music festival over the summer).

Back