What time of the month do you gain weight/not lose?

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
Sorry men....
I was on depo injection so didn't have periods for 3 months, then switched straight to the coil. I Had a week-10 day bleed after I had it fitted.
Ok so I was expecting a little more than 1lb loss on wednesday seeing as i'm still in my early weeks and I'm doing it 100% so was a little bit disappointed.

Anyway, today I've come on again. I'm thinking this must be my real period as I have all the other symptoms associated with it, and I'm not sure of my proper date.

So, is "time of the month weight gain" before your period is due or while you're actually on it? Do you know what I mean? I just want to know whether to expect a maintain or gain at next WI.
Thank you :D

It's around ovulation time for me as I get bloated and am obviously retaining water. I just have to keep the faith and stick to plan and usually have a decent loss the following week.

mine is while i am on which is this week i can put on up to 6lbs last week i lost weight 4.5lbs so hoping to keep it off and loose some more.

Ovulation time for me as well but it has changed, used to be a few days before my period when I was younger.

I go up and down like a yoyo!

I gain about 2 pounds a couple of days before ovulation, and it goes a couple of days after, and I also gain at least 2 pounds about 2 days before I am due on, and it starts to go about 3 days into my period.

Bearing in mind we might only be losing 1-2 pounds a week, it doesn't take a genius to see that this could explain a weight gain in some weeks, all other things being equal.

Back