What to do at a family meal?

egbert

Silver Member
hi

I started SS for the 1st time on Monday so am now on day 4 and so far have lost 7 lbs, although I suspect this is going to slow down now I shifted the excess put on on holiday last week :cry::cry:

this weekend we have a family party and are going out for a meal. Would one meal take me straight out of ketosis or affect the weight loss badly? I am not sure how best to manage this.

Hi and well done so far. I am on SS + so not sure but if you stuck to a meal from the SS + range, ie small bit of protein and some veg/salad you should be fine. If you really want to keep with SS tho you should try and avoid food from what i have read here with those on ss it's harder to go back again. What sort of meal is it and are you like me and can't face telling everyone what sort of diet you are doing? Ggod luck, events are a nightmare!

It's my sons birthday this weekend and he wants to go out on Sunday for dinner. I REALLY don't want to go but what can you do!! If I go I won't have the will power to have chicken salad when i see the menu (food glorious food) and I am on a 4 week challenge before our holiday. Wonder if I can sit there and not eat?. I do it every night at tea time!!

I dont know yet whether we are going out for Sunday Lunch. I was hoping to do a BBQ so I could stick to the meat, but it's going to pour down with rain.
Hmm, maybe the best thing is for me to cook, then I can make a roast and make sure I miss out on the glorious roast potatoes.

I dont mind telling my family what diet I am on at all. But I don't want to fork out for a meal in a restaurant I can't eat.

If your mind is sticking to the diet, you'll make it through diners, parties, restaurants, business lunches whatever. I've had an intense social life since I started my diet but I'm so determined nothing will make me change my mind. I either did not eat anything and no one even noticed (people are so concentrated on eating lol) or I had some very low fat, high protein snacks along with lots of water. You'll manage I'm sure just put yourself into the right thinking.
As for the restaurant I just ordered water and watched the others ;) or if possible a high protein meal (like raw fish at a sushi restaurant)

Back