What to do & where to go in Bath?

Mich

Taking Back Control...!!!
Hi all!

Need some help please! My girlfriends and I are going to Bath for a long 'girly' weekend the 2nd week in December. We have accommodation booked (the Hilton....woo hoo!!) but as none of us have been there before I was wondering if any of you lovely peeps live in or around Bath and could recommend where the best night life is and also somewhere nice to eat but quite reasonable. We are all 40+ so we need something 'appropriate'!! Nothing too posh on the restuarant side as we do tend to be a 'little loud' shall we say;)

Any ideas would be gratefully received.....:)

Thanks
Love

I haven't been over there for ages, but the huntsman pub opposite the big park used to be lively in the evening :)

I love Bath for shopping etc :)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend away :)

Kits x

I haven't been but I have read that the Bath Spa has finally opened so that might be a fun place to spend some time
It looks lovely.....

Thanks both for your replies. I'll bear the Hunstman in mind Kitty - we are looking forward to the shopping too!! I think it's the Christmas Market weekend when we are there so I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a bargain or 3 for Xmas pressies:D

I've just had a look at the Spa Bath website Monty - it looks fab but a little expensive....I'll have to see what the others think but it's a real bit of luxury so we may just treat ourselves - I'll let you know if we do:D

Thanks again.
Love

hiya Mich, have you been yet?

the markets are in town, little wood sheds full of unusual present ideas. loads of resturants in Bath lots of choice. nice designer shops if you have plenty of money to spend. i go there fairly often with work, we stay at the Royal Crescent or the Dukes, both lovely hotels.

hiya Mich, have you been yet?

the markets are in town, little wood sheds full of unusual present ideas. loads of resturants in Bath lots of choice. nice designer shops if you have plenty of money to spend. i go there fairly often with work, we stay at the Royal Crescent or the Dukes, both lovely hotels.

Hi DB!

Yes, I've been......got back last night after being there from Friday.....had a wonderful time.....saw all the little stalls in the Christmas Market...bought a few bits and pieces....so gorgeous some of the stuff.....stayed at the Hilton....was ok but overpriced for what it is to be honest....isn't the Royal Cresecent the most expenisve in Bath? Well that's what the man on the tour said yesterday.....went to a fab resturant on Saturday night...mmmmm.......had just the best laugh with my girlfriends....alas all over now till next December....think we're gonna give Cardiff a whirl next year.....

Thanks for the tips.
Love

Back