What to do with clothes that don't fit?

MiaMia

I am having a really big clear out of all stuff in my life I don't need and trying to get down to a minimal about of belongings that I really use.

Part of that 'stuff' are boxes and bags of clothes in sizes 8-10 that I really like but currently are way to small to fit.

If I lose my target 4-5 stone they may fit again.

Am questioning whether I should keep them or get rid and buy new when I get there. Anyone else had this dilemma and if so what did you do?

Box. Sticker. Loft.

I’ve just lost six inches off my waist and nothing fits. I’m not *quite* arrogant enough just yet to believe none of it ever will. Bought some cheap plastic storage boxes from The Range, filled them with clothes, stuck stickers on the outsides saying what sizes were in ‘em, and bunged it all in the loft. Just like ages of baby/child clothes if you are planning more, which you may have done, or will, or won’t! Some people get special big bags they fill, then suck out the air with a hoover, then put the flat vac packs under their bed.

If you really love them, keep them if you plan to lose enough weight. I kept some lovely clothes, and when I lost enough weight, I actually decided I didn't want them lol. I have taken so many to the clothing recycle bank, that I now regret it, and should have taken them to a cashing in bank. My husband got about £25 for his clothes, so i expect I would have got £50plus.

I wish I had a loft to keep them in! I'm currently paying to keep them in storage, I have no space in the one bed flat I'm currently renting hence the dilemma. I wonder if I could find some space to put a flat vac pack, they're a good idea - maybe behind the sofa!

I have got rid of a lot to charity shops already so am really just down to the things I really like or know it would be hard to find to buy again. Some things still have the labels in.

OK I'm going to give it 12 months from now and then I'll get rid then if I'm not using them. I'm getting rid of so much it becomes hard to know what to keep sometimes!

Back