What to do with Quark

foxy_lox

Silver Member
Hi All,

Making a recipe tonight which is stuffed peppers with tom, basil and quark... just could do with a few tips on what to do with the rest of it... not even sure if I like it lol scared to open it ha ha

i usually make a carbonara,

cook bacon, mushrooms, and onions in a pan,
whilst in a bowl mix:
x2 tbs quark
x2 tbs skimmed milk
x2 tbs parmasam cheese
x1 Egg

when the bacon etc is cooked, add the mixture at the last minute to warm through and there you have it!! xxxx

Thanks so much for this, it was quite nice considering what some people had said about it I thought it was going to be horrible lol lol

Hi ther. I'm new to this site, and am finding it a fantastic boost for help tips and advice!!. I use quark all the time, and have for years, even when i'm not dieting. I use it to stir through pasta, blend with garlic puree for dips, or to fill jacket potatoes. I love it to use with vegetables, when making veg curry. just stir in, together with a teaspoon of curry paste. Its gorgeous. I also make cheesecake style desserts. I put frozen fruit at the bottom, sprinkled with splenda sweetner, then quark, then half a crumbled biscuit on the top. Give it a go. I always have three or 4 tubs in my fridge. Its invaluable!!, xx

Hey! Glad your first use was a success! I find it good for free quiches :) just throw a load of veg in the bottom of a tin, dollop quark on top, the cover in beaten egg. Takes about 25 mins in the oven, and is a quick and healthy snack :)

I had my first go with it today too. Made a half syn roulade. It was horrid. But I don't think the quark was solely to blame lol. Might try a pasta sauce next!!

Back