What to do with tofu (the non-silken kind)?

sarafvrm

Gold Member
I bought some of this the other day, thinking i could make some of the delicious-sounding desserts on here, but when I looked more closely at the recipes they all seemed to use 'silken' tofu (which I can't find). What to do with this lump of white protein, cluttering up my fridge? Any ideas (ideally sweet ones) welcome! Thanks

If it is firm tofu you can cut it up and toss it in soup or a stir fry. I use it in stir fries a lot on PV days tossed with other veggies and meat. It absorbs the flavours of what it is cooked it pretty easily. Not a dessert, but I hope this helps!

I hate the block stuff bought some, marinated it stir fried it etc - tried it and then it went in the bin :( .......... Ive just bought some silken stuff from Waitrose to make the recipe thread dessert but I've yet to do it, no time with work etc. so hope this one tastes better

My Waitrose doesn't stock it! Waitrose is actually my main supermarket, I go there after school drop-off and always pick up good-quality food at marked-down prices, which quickly gets consumed by my family of 6. Perhaps I'll put in request for them to stock the silken kind... I can see my block of the 'hard' stuff going the same way as yours!

Did you cook it with the soup, or added it as a topping after the soup was cooked?

I found it in vacuum packed little boxes on the normal shelfs havent tried the dessert yet as Ive been away for a few days - off on Thursday for 2 weeks so will have a go then - fingers crossed I like it :)

Back