What to do?

nicola444

So,

I went to see the doctor today just to let them know I am doing this diet but also for support as I have PCOS and am borderline hypothyroid both of which mean your body just seem to create fat cells.

Anyway, she was horrified that I am doing this diet and said obviously I am losing weight as I am not eating anything. Other diets have not worked I feel because of the way my body processes food or stores fat so I am lost. I am getting more blood and weight checks next week and seeing her on Friday.

But I just feel demoralised. This is day 11 and I am still hungry and feel faint sometimes but sticking with it because I want to lose the weight.

It is so hard and I just feel upset today for some reason and like giving up with it.

do not give up. you are obviously feeling very emotional about the negativity of a professional who should have been just that, professional enough not to pass stupid comments.

p.s this is the only diet that i seem to loose weight on as i can stick to it. i have pcos too. although my thyroid is normal. my iron level does drop occasionally which can mimic thyroid conditions.

:mad: at your Dr!!

She has no right to pass judgement on you and also has no right to say that you cannot do the diet. I also have PCOS and an underactive thyroid which is why I struggle so much to lose weight and this is the only diet that seems to work for me.

I had to have the paperwork signed by my Dr before I could do the diet because of this. Luckily, My Dr is very supportive of me. BUT even if she wasn`t, She cannot refuse to sign the form on a personal judgement as it isn`t asking your Drs permission, It is to confirm that what you have stated re medical issues are correct. This applies for you Dr.

:hug99: Hope this helps Xxx

I have found that some doctors hate these types of diets and some love them , I saw one at my practice who was horrified how much weight I had lost in a short space of time , and one who thinks its great !!
we know that CD is medically safe , we know that we are getting all the vitamins and minerals and the minimum nutrients our bodies need to work and to loose weight , as long as you are otherwise fit and healthy I wouldnt worry , did your Dr give you any reason to think that the diet could be dangerous with your medical conditions ??

Hi,

Thanks, I know all this and you are right. I think when this is a difficult diet anyway some support from your DR would have been nice. Also just discovered doing research that with PCOS as we are often insulin resistance we are programmed to crave carbs, which might explain a lot of these non-stop cravings I am having today - going to stick with it. I think getting the weight off is the main thing, not sure how long I can do SS+ though as I do feel weak on it might need to move up a plan

Definately!!! My body has a real love/hate relationship with carbs and if I eat them I have to watch that I don`t go overboard. Then with the insulin resistance (from the PCOS) I just balloon from them :rolleyes::sigh:

If you`re struggling with SS+ I would suggest moving up a plan.

I have been doing 810 for a week but am considering moving up to 1000 as I think I might lose better with it as I need to find the balance with my rubbish body of having significantly less cals than someone without my medical issues but if I go too low, It goes the other way and I cannot lose (even on very restricted cals)

Xxx

Hi Nicola, sorry you had such a bad experience with the Dr. I have an underlying medical condition and there are times I just need to go up to 810 or a 1000 for a few weeks. I have still lost weight on both plans. I just listen to my body and then make changes where necessary. It does make me cross this sort of thing as all you ever here about is how much obesity is costing the NHS, yet when someone does something about their weight, some professionals still have something to say.

Do what you feel is right for you and your body. The 810 is a really good plan and its often enough for me when I feel I am running on empty and feel dizzy. Don't struggle on you will still loose weight on 810 or higher. Good Luck x

Back