What to do :-(

nyssa88

Silver Member
I've just found out I'm going abroad to northern Iraq for a month in April which isn't that far away so the inlaws can meet their granddaughter, I don't know what to do as that will be on the middle of my weight loss journey and I'm only in week 2.

They always have 3 full meals a day bread and cheeses and yoghurts for breakfast, rice soup and meat for lunch the same again for dinner plus lots of nuts and sweet in between, I feel so disheartened as know I will put on weight, I would like to take my food packs but that would be extremely rude in their culture x

Well maybe just try and make the best of it. Eat more of the proteins and veg and try to limit the amount of carbs. Someone said to me thin people push food around there plate and dont actually eat much, I am not sure if this us true , but maybe try and eat smaller portions and exercise.

If you do put on weight, have food packs waiting when you get back, then get back straight back on the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

oh Nyssa. That's a really difficult one.

The only solution I can think of is to tell them it's for medical reasons before you go, and ask for their help while you are there.

Just know that it's important for them to meet your daughter and you can do this longer term, even if you take a break in April.

Maybe you can decline the sweets and take smaller portions with less bread/carb than you normally would, so you can STS as you arrive.

Others will have advice here - if you decide you will take a break, then allow time to transition off.

Thinking of you,

Ali

Well if you really can't get round it plan to take a break at that time but maybe try to keep the carbs lowish if you can and cut down on the sugary stuff. So have the cheese and yoghurt but dispense with the bread (for instance) and try to keep the portion sizes as small as you can get away with. You won't be able to eat as much as before this diet anyway at least for the first few days as your stomach will have shrunk a little.

You can probably have most of what they offer during the holiday but in small portions so as not to offend. Thinner people use good portion control plus fill up on veggies etc. rather than the carby things.

You'll almost certainly put on weight as when you come out of ketosis it's inevitable but rest assured than when I had my mad Xmas and New Year break (for that read big scoff) I managed to put on 10lbs in 2 weeks but had lost all of that within 9 days of starting back, plus it seemed to kick start my metabolism too. So just plan to restart as soon as you get back as it's never good to put things off or you'll never do it.

Thanks for your advice, I'm trying to pursuade my partner it's not a good time to go especially as my daughter will only be 4 months old so trying to put it off untill later in the year x

I think perhaps just make wise choices when it comes to the food and get right back into S&S when you return.

Back