What to do??

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by dipsy1512, 24 January 2013 Social URL.

1. dipsy1512

dipsy1512 Full Member

Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming WORLD
    Hi there,

I'm usually over I the SW pages and to be honest I really want to lose weight but am sick of recipies, syns ect so I thought if look here to see if the just healthy eating and sensible choices really work. I don't eat bread apart from granary roll, have skimmed milk and generally eat healthy food such as pasta, lean meat and veg. Also to add I've just had a hip operation and finding the motivation to think about meal planning difficult especially as I can't stand/walk at the mo.

So I guess what I'm after is success stories really. Do you have good weight losses and what's the best way to tackle my healthy eating change?

I'd appreciate your replies :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dipsy1512

dipsy1512 Full Member

Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming WORLD
    Anybody ? :)

4. hutchie

hutchie Full Member

If I have any advice for you it is this...use the one rule of slimming world where you have 1/3 of every plate super free (fruit or veg) I find this really helps with weight loss! Eg. I uses to have noodles for lunch (yummy!) but found I was hungry a few hours later (they only the small Tesco value ones!) so I now add 1/3 veg to them with curry powder and I feel like I'm having a proper meal and it fills me up for so much longer!!

5. Perpleo

Perpleo Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.35%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/ healthy eating
    find food you like and then find alternatives
    before i lost weight i loooved mayonaise and didnt really wanna give it up so now i have lighter than light mayo so i still get what i want but its a better alternative
    and i always loved veg so i just have loads of veg with lunch and dinner so i can fill up on that
    and fruit for snacks alays have fruit near me incase i want something sweet

6. chezz

chezz walk walk walk

Start Weight:
    26st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    26st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    19st13.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.54%)
    Diet:
    mfp ..calorie counting
    yep i agree thats wot me and the hubby do now we going fopr the low calorie option and fill up with fruit and veg

chezz

7. j_ortiz

j_ortiz Member

Do not deprive yourself. Eat but in smaller portions, and for safety and security measure, read the labels and understand exactly what you are eating. I suggest you do a quick reading on Food Label Terms | The Sugar Association Inc.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.