What to do?

airgirl

Gold Member
I'm really not sure what to do right now and i know nobody can give me the answer but all views are welcomed.

I'm due to fly tomorrow, working a 12 hour flight plus the 4hours before hand and the 2 hours after to get off aircraft and to hotel, so in total an 18hour, non stop hectic day.

Well i have not been feeling great all evening and even slept for 4hours (not like me, i genuinely feel i'm coming down with something). I am tempted to call in sick in the morning which i never do unless i'm practically dying! I don't know at the moment how i will feel in the morning but the thought of doing that 18hour day on 3 shakes and water is making me feel so much worse. I have committed to this week 100% and don't want to ruin it by feeling weak on the flight and needing to eat (no healthy choices).

Sorry because i'm rambling but any suggestions, i know you can't tell me not to work or yes go to work but thoughts would be appreciated.

I'll also add i have only ever been sick once in 11months (2days off). I just feel i'd rather be at home so i can stay on track and if i do feel bad at least i can rest without taking the gamble. Any views?x

Mini Goals

Complete Day 1 100% DONE
Complete Day 2 100% DONE
Complete Day 3 100% DONE
Complete Wk 1 100% DONE
Be in 11's by end Jul
user_online.gif

Sorry mods meant to post in here, not duplicate on forums.x

Hi airgirl :D

I think you sound very responsible about your job and I'm sorry that you're not feeling great tonight :(

I know some people actually book time off work in advance when they are starting out on CD, just incase they feel a bit ropey and need to be kind to themselves.

As you say, no-one can tell you whether to go to work or not tommorow all I can say that if it was me I would see how I feel first thing tommorow (unless you need to let your employer know tonight:confused:).

If I still felt pants in the morning, ( one bout of sickness in 11 months goes to show you do not often take time off )
then I would be taking a day off to look after me and recharge.

Lacey :)

Last edited:
Back