What to eat?

I seem to have the munchies today, but am now out of snack ideas - any suggestions? I'm trying to avoid dairy as much as poss as my weight loss has so far been painfully slow (and have already had a bit of cheese today), and not really in the mood for more meat of eggs. Can't make a MiM or have an Atkins bar as there's no large supermarkets near me to buy flax / bars, only a rubbishy little tesco express and corner shop - not sure if they even have sugar free jelly :( So I'm a bit stuck, lol.

Pork scratchings are good for me.. I get full really quickly with them as they're so high in fat ... So can't usually manage more than 1/2 small bag at most and the crunch makes it feel like you're eat something satisfying! Lol

And chick breast is such dense, dry meat that I usually get bored or full before I finish a whole one! Lol usually dip it in Mayo :)

Ha, yep I am definitely fed up of chicken breasts today! Feel as though I've eaten a whole chicken, possibly because I've had the equivalent amount.

So I went to the shop and stood holding a reduced price chocolate dessert for about 1/2 an hour and drooling.... Somehow, I managed to put it back and buy some very expensive random seafood instead - probably the weirdest snack choice when I wanted something chocolatey and has taken me slightly over my daily carbs, but was the best I could think of other than meat which I couldn't face!

I'm not a massive fan of pork scratchings tbh, and they dont have any in my local - but thanks for the suggestion. It's also been ages since I've eaten them, so maybe I should give them another try.

Others on here eat baby bels and peperami sticks... I seem to have a low threshold of boredom so am ok at he moment! Good luck with it :)

Thanks Di. Baby bels are a good idea, yum. When I started I tended to snack on cheese every now and then, but not sure if it was stalling me. My loses were extremely slow even though I am pretty sure I was following things to the letter (ok, so there were a couple of weekends when i went a bit off plan.... but even 3 weeks of induction with no cheats didn't do that much).

So far this week I am 2.2lb down :) Admittedly that could be coz its following 2 weeks of gain :eek: But I have also been extra carefeful to avoid all cheese, dairy, and processed food, and made sure calories haven't been too high so I'm really hoping that's doing the trick!

Emms so very well done for not getting the choc dessert, love, that really took strength!

For choc snacks, maybe try some 85% dark choc, the Divine one is reasonably low in carbs, 17 grams for the whole bar, so about 7 per row.

i usually keep a tub of leftovers in the fridge for snack emergencies .

things like chopped spicy chicken , chilli beef strips , a few cripsy bits of streaky bacon etc , they save me from falling off when i'm feeling munchy .

Thanks for the tip about Divine choc Susie, I will def have some as a treat at some point. Trying to stay strictly to clean and green for as long as poss, tho that might have a temporary break weekend as got a night out....

Ber - my leftovers never seem to last that long, lol. Think I must be a bit too greedy.

LOL on the leftovers - I never have much either, and if I do i then discover them at the back of the fridge days later :(

If there are yummy things in the fridge to eat then they have a knack of calling out to me to be eaten!Lol :)

are macademia nuts not ok on Atkins - they used to be but I think they've modified the diet since I did it.

Sorry guys, it's a no to nuts on Induction, I'm afraid :(

I had a handful of nuts a while back, was good with everything else and put on 3lbs almost overnight :eek:. So try to resist!

I find pork scratching good aswell, as really filling and as they are salty, they can make you thirstly, which makes you want to drink more water, so double benefit - full and hydrated

Back