Original What to eat?

LASHES30

Good morning everyone,

Am a newbie to the forum and the diet, am into my third day now doing the red and green days, as i love chicken fish etc I decided to start of with red days but i am struggling to decide what to have for my meals.
When you are eating the free foods from a red day what do you have them with?

Hi and welcome!

I may have bacon (fat removed) cooked in the george foreman or in a pan with frylight, with egg and beans (HEXb)
Lunch may be steak with jacket spud/wedges(HEXb)
I also make chicken curries and chillis using extra lean meat. Stir frys.

I'm not sure if I'm much helo because whenever I have a red day I always use my HEXb for potato. So I've switched to EE.

I'm sure you'll get lots of advice from others who have red days down to a T.

I tend to have things like the Tesco tinned stewing steak poured over syn free veg. I make a syn free bolognase and have that over veg, um roast chicken and veg with Tesco gravy granules (1 syn per tsp), steak and salad, syn free chicken curry with veg thrown in.
My diary is at the top of the page, feel free to browse Huni...also have a look at the recipe section.
I have had a gastric band fitted, so cant eat potatoes that well (only certain types), so most of my evening meals are just with veg only.

I hope this will help you though...good luck!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Thanks,
I really need to get this "diet" mentality out of my head and start thinking that its a healthy eating lifestyle change.

If I'm having chicken breast I'd roast it in the oven and have it either with salad or roasted veg - peppers, mushrooms, onions, courgettes cooked in the oven for half an hour with frylight and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
If I'm having steak I'd have salad, frylight fried mushrooms and scrambled egg.
Boil in the bag beef is nice with loads of free veg and 2 frozen yorkshires (5 syns).

I find green days much easier though, you can get meat substitutes but you can't get potato/pasta/rice substitutes on a red day!

Back