What to expect at my 1st meeting?

herewego

Gold Member
Hi all,

I am meeting my CDC tomorrow and am so nervous. I've always been against VCLDs (based on what I'd heard) but have tried everything else and I simply can't stick to a diet so my thinking is that not eating food for a while might not be such a bad thing...

I've been trying and failing to do "Intuitive Eating" for the past year but I've been kidding myself that my binges are what my body wants (yeah right :rolleyes:) and my weight has steadily gone up.

What will happen at my first session? Will I be able to start CD straight away or do I have to ease myself into it? Do I have to get permission from my GP or will the CDC inform my GP that I've signed up?

I'm so stressed but also very excited about this. I don't know how I'm going to manage work as I'm travelling quite a bit but I'm sure it will work itself out.

I haven't even dared tell my DH yet as he will be completely against it. He always just says that I should eat less...as if I didn't know that already and if it was that easy we'd all be slim.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to making a change. If nothing else CD is completely different from anything else I've tried and so it beats starting yet another calorie counting diet every Monday only to cave in by Wednesday.

Please tell me that I can do this despite never having stuck to any previous diets!!

Sorry - I'm sure I'll calm down once I have been to my first session!

Hope to get to know you all!

Alli x

Can't say for all counsellors but mine was very good and explained all about the sole source eating plan (that's what I had chosen beforehand after reading the cambridge website descriptions). She weighed and measured me and showed me her own pictures of her weightloss which was an inspiration. Have a look around the Cambridge website as you can go more informed. I had also cut down carbs drastically before I started which helped get into ketosis without too many hunger pains. My CDC showed me all of the flavours etc, gave me the booklets to read
Good luck!

hiya, and welcome

And YES you can do it!!

you might be able to start immediately but it depends on your BMI.. if it's over 40, you will need docs permission i think. if under, she will just notify them you have started on ss.
Mine too is lovely but like all individuals they can differ, if you dont get on you can always look for another.
Get a variety of flavours, try them all and expect to love some and hate some...
the first few days can be hard, but it gets easier... have a look at the motivation thread I started... try different strategies to keep you on the straight and narrow and use this forum to death... it really works well....

Good luck.... and as for what you have heard about VLCD's you will find a lot of people have an opionion ready to scare you but they are often based on myth... do lots of researcha nd reassure yourself it is a safe way to go!
x

I agree with boardwitless - mine was a very similar experience. I understand your concerns about a VLCD - it's a common misconception that this isn't a healthy way to do things. But taking food out of the equation and relearning your eating habits is incredibly powerful - and may help you with your intuitive eating later, who knows?
Good luck and let us all know how you get on!
Ellie
P.S. - Let your CDC know about the travelling so you can organise tetra packs! x

Thanks for the responses girls!!

I read your motivation thread tilly and it's great. I just need to figure out how to keep the motivation going once the cravings kick in.

I'm off to bed now - I so hope I will like my CDC. She seems nice and I was shallow enough to pick her based on her photo on the CD website as there are loads of CDCs locally.

Again, thanks for replying to my post - this forum seems so friendly and supportive & I'm really looking forward to being part of it! :greenapple::greenapple::greenapple::greenapple:

Back