What to expect when stepping up..

I'm currently on SS and plan to be for a while, but I am wondering what I should expect loss wise when moving up the steps.

I know the gradual step up helps with avoiding sudden water gains etc. But I'd like an idea what to expect so I can plan when to start stepping up.

If I do the minimum period for each step (1w step 2, 2 w step3/4/5) should I expect to loose say a stone?

Its over 7 weeks so I'd be gutted if I didnt lose anything.

If I should expect a stone, then I'd start stepping up when I'm about a stone from goal which actually works out fairly well for me.

I know that the possible answer is to wait and see how I do, but I'm trying to plan around some big events and to be honest I'm not keen on sticking around the higher steps to long since I'd rather manage my calorie intake with 'normal' food than be on the 1200 and 1500 steps.

culturedsquirrel said:
I'm currently on SS and plan to be for a while, but I am wondering what I should expect loss wise when moving up the steps.

I know the gradual step up helps with avoiding sudden water gains etc. But I'd like an idea what to expect so I can plan when to start stepping up.

If I do the minimum period for each step (1w step 2, 2 w step3/4/5) should I expect to loose say a stone?

Its over 7 weeks so I'd be gutted if I didnt lose anything.

If I should expect a stone, then I'd start stepping up when I'm about a stone from goal which actually works out fairly well for me.

I know that the possible answer is to wait and see how I do, but I'm trying to plan around some big events and to be honest I'm not keen on sticking around the higher steps to long since I'd rather manage my calorie intake with 'normal' food than be on the 1200 and 1500 steps.

Yes u still lose on the steps. Is your goal ear bmi 25? U ha. To one off SS once u grt to 25 anyways so thays an ideal tine to start stepling up. But my losses wer the same on 810 as SS... Has been lower on 1000 but im now only a few lbs from target so expect it to be slower from here on in.. Losing 1-2lb a week..
Hope that helps a little? Tlk it thru with ur CDC and theyll come up with a plan with u x

Yep, my goal for cambridge is 25 BMI.

My 'real' goal is lower than that, but I hope to get to 25 BMI and then lose the rest gradually with exercise and careful eating (maybe WW or SW since thats what my other half is doing).

At the moment I'd be to self ocncious to go to the gym, sohoping to get there or there abouts by mid-june. My 12 weeks on SS is up at the end of May so it looks like it all might tie in.

Back