what to have??

super

saving syns for the weekend, not sure what takeaway to go for like most things just need to know whats low in syns. Also what is best from an indian? x

I had a take away the other day from the kebab shop (shock horror). There is a very good place in Canterbury that delivers. I had a large chicken shish kebab (tender pieces of chicken breast marinated and chargrilled) minus the pitta bread (suppose you could have a HEXb Asda one if you really wanted) and LOADS of salad. It was DELICIOUS!!!! I was full and it was really tasty. Apparently they only marinate in herbs and garlic with lemon (no oil). Lamb shish is also a good option, with chargrilled pieces of lamb.

oh thank you. My hubby loves kebabs so that would be a good option, but how many syns would it be dyou think? i really love coleslaw with kebabs so how much would it come to?? x

If you just have the meat and salad it shouldn't be any syns - assuming you will be on an original day. If you have the pitta and coleslaw you would have to syn it I think. Also, it would be shish kebab, not doner. x

Shish kebab, is a brill option because like you said its griddled and not marinated in oil and lovely with a salad, and you could always make your own coleslaw rather than have theirs. I know that their red cabbage is made with vinegar and oilve oil with salt as I used to work in one lol. So although most of their salad is free, not all of it is.

Back