What to use instead of fromage frais

d14

Hey everyone, I have a recipe I want to try and make tonight but it requires fromage frais... i've searched all the local supermarkets and none have it :( is there something I can use instead?

I prefer to use Reduced fat creme fraiche, although it is 1.5 syns a tbsp I think it tastes and cooks better in my opinion x

Thanks Sarah, unfortunately I don't recall seeing that in the supermarket either :( they have a very limited fridge selection other than about 100 different packets of cheddar cheese :/

could you spot any low fat greek yoghurt or low fat natural yoghurt?x

I think there might have been pots of low fat natural yogurt, would that work okay?

what are you cooking? if its something hot, then i would add it last min to prevent curdling. If you need a more cheesey/cream taste then perhaps add some philadelphia light to plain yoghurt?

Its satay sauce x

Hi, what did you do in the end?

I used 0% fat natural yogurt..turned out perfect! :)

d14 said:
Hey everyone, I have a recipe I want to try and make tonight but it requires fromage frais... i've searched all the local supermarkets and none have it :( is there something I can use instead?

You do know that you find the fromage frais with the yogurts rather than the cream and stuff don't you?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You do know that you find the fromage frais with the yogurts rather than the cream and stuff don't you?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes, I checked the fridge with the cheese, yogurt and cream and there was none. Asked a girl who works there and she said they only stock it "sometimes".

None of our local supermarkets stock it either, can only get it when we have a tesco online delivery

Back