What was your diet inspiration?

Hi all, hope you don't mind but I'm a newbie to this site, started CD 8 weeks ago and lost 27lbs so not great :sigh: but better than I've done on any other diet :), just wondered what all your reasons were for starting in the 1st place?
Mine was a night out when an ex of mine saw me and all he said was how much I had let myself go (he wasn't exactly a Brad Pitt lookalike either!!!!) but that was it and I started the next week. People can be so cruel but sometimes it just takes that one comment/photo to start the ball rolling.
Just wondered what it was with you?
Suzie P
xxx

mine was men related too!

I was about 16 stone when I was with my ex, didn't have the happiest relationship with him and ended up getting up to 19st in a year whilst going out with him!

Anyway he broke up with me and a few months later started going out with someone else and it was then that it dawned on me, whoah I'm now on my own and I'm absolutley huge, plus uni was starting 7 months later and I didn't want to go being that size!

xxx

Dr: You cannot have IVF on the NHS until you have a BMI of 30 or less
Me: Okay. Will you sign a Cambridge Diet form for me then?
Dr: Yes

That's it in a nutshell!

I had gestational diabetes with my 3rd pregnancy and was told there was a 50% chance of having diabetes in later life if i didnt lose weight. The motivation keeping me going is for my kids and i dont want to be fat and 30! xxx

See photo album....felt like a beached whale on holiday

In Jan i decided to "diet" properly as i had a wedding in July to go to and was starting uni in Sept...I have about 4stone to loose, It got to about June and I was still the same weight as I was in Jan and it dawned on me that the wedding was 5weeks away and uni was 3 months away and I was STILL FAT so I was thinking about CD then I was looking at pics of one of my ex'friends on Facebook and she is slim...one of the reasons which I believe she ditched me is because 1. I had a baby and 2. I was fat so didnt fit in with her iykwim? That same week I started CD!!

got down to a size 12 with cd before and loved it weight creep on and l decided to take the bull by the horns and here we go again

Hi all, hope you don't mind but I'm a newbie to this site, started CD 8 weeks ago and lost 27lbs so not great :sigh:
Suzie P
xxx

I think what you have lost so far is great, certainly not to be sniffed at!! Its almost two stone in 2 months and the recommended amount in CD. You have done amazing just believe in yourself, it would have taken you longer on another diet.

Anyways the reason I wanted to lose weight was for numerous things but the main one was to gain self-confidence, at the moment there is zilche

I have wanted to lose weight for ages, I had my first baby at 18, got married at 20 weighing 11 stone 4lbs in a size 12 dress, had 2 more kids and piled on the weight with each, result = size 16 (squeezing into 14s lol) and 14 stone.

Each diet I tried and failed, got really upset and comfort ate, choc, crisps & sweets mainly & drunk loads of alcohol which doesn't help!

Final straw came when my brother announced his wedding date and asked my daughter to be bridesmaid, I really didn't want to be the beautiful bridesmaid's FAT mum plus we are going on holiday with my parents in September and I didn't wanna be a beached whale while we are away :(

A friend lost 2 1/2 stone in 8 weeks on lighterlife and I couldn't afford it, she then said she'd been told about the cambridge diet and was gutted as it was only half the price of lighterlife, but it was just what I needed and I started 4 days later...

I've lost 42lbs in 14 weeks and I know it's a bit less than most people.
But it's sure much better than not loosing at all don't you think? :)

Tbh I had a bunch of reasons and inspirations. Both other people and my own critical point of view. (I'm a totally hopeless selfcritic.)
I've been mocked by relatives because I'm not healthy, neither when it comes to weight and mental stuff. It has made me more eager to get it done for once.
But the primary reason is my health. I've been in such bad shape, mostly mentally, but I'm pretty sure my obesity has had alot to do with my depression, social phobia, anxiety problems etc etc.
Also I've had gastric problems for as long as I can remember and CD made them go away! Which is like.... amazing! o-o

Back