Green Days What was your lowest point/or the situ or thought that made you join sw?

Over the summer I was at home and didn't have access to a gym or Slimming World or anything. My mum was very ill and I put it out of my head.

When I got back to uni I realised if I let this opportunity go, with my SW class next door to my flat and the uni gym a short walk away, I may never get the chance to lose the weight. So I am determined to do it this semester - snow or no snow!

Oh a compilation of things. Being terrified after a night out that someone would tag me in a pic and I would be confronted with my size in full color.
Walking into a "skinny shop" with my best friend and sticking close as I could to her, because if someone had seen me wandering around it on my own, they'd mentally laugh, and ask themselves what in the hell I was doing in there?!
Never having anything sit right when I wear it.
Being out of breath just by climbing the stairs at a regular speed.
Realising that I'm never going to feel comfortable with myself, because even I hate looking at my body in the mirror, so how could the OH feel attracted to me?
Actually putting an azz-groove in my new couch!!! Homer Simpson!!!!
Having so many beautiful shoes and not being able to wear most of them, because I'm simply too heavy and my feet get too sore.

But the catalyst, the day, I admitted to myself that I'd known for a long time that I needed to do something about my weight, but only just realised that I also wanted to do something about it, was like any other ordinary day. I was out with my friend, and catching glimpses of myself in passing windows. I was walking in a hunched-over gait, tugging at my clothes constantly, and not meeting the eyes of anyone in case they SEE me, when really how could they MISS me?!
That, guys and gals, was a bad, bad, day. And something in me just clicked. I began my journey a couple of days later.

It's a struggle, because the fat girl in me wants to stuff her face and be "fat and happy", while the skinny girl that I've been feeding to death just wants to get out and wiggle her itty bitty botty. Some weeks are better than others. But I'll get there.

We all will. As it says in my tag-line... Determination is Key.

Good luck, everyone!
Even just writing this has inspired me lol

Mine was having my horse taken off me by my sister, she told me I was being unfair on him. It broke my heart. Dad has a beautiful ex race horse he says I can have.

image-4010888406.jpg

I'm going to loose my weight and show my sister! X

It was when the size 22s in BHS and Debenhams were too small. I realised that I didn't want to have to resort to online shopping all the time, just to get something in a plus size.
Also, I work in a small Primary school, and I'm now the only fat teacher as the other lardy one left in July. I want to blend in and be slim alongside all my colleagues! They sound like such shallow reasons I know :rolleyes:

You are all inspirational and i have felt or experienced everything you have all said at some point in my life. Lets all do this. Get healthy... Ive Gotta job interview tommorrow and im scared stiff..but ill just try and be myself. And try and project the confidence i would have if slim... wish me luck... ;)

Mine was when my oh said how broody he was and was brutally honest to say maybe me being 23 stone and him being overweight won't help us conceive. He got very upset and said he loved me regardless but wanted children with me more than anything. Makes me well up just thinking about it. I'm glad he told me as I was in denial about how big I was. I'm down to about 18.5 now and want to get to 14 by september next year.

I want to lose weight and become a mummy :) (not a bandaged one! Hehe)

Cai said:
seeing my wedding photos :-( (and then my honeymoon snaps!) oh if I could turn bk time!

Saying that / it took me another 10 months to actually join slimming world!

Snap although it took me 9 months!

The zip split on my work skirt, too embarrassed and too much palava to get a new one from uniform stores and the 2 other skirts I had were too small (one because it was brand new and hadn't been stretched yet! The other cos hubby accidentally put the dry clean only skirt on a hot wash and it shrunk!)

Joined SW that week, carried on wearing the skirt with the zip split making sure to try and cover it with my jacket until I could then wear the skirts that were too small, I don't know who I was trying to kid though as heard people talking about my skirt.. I'm thankful I didn't give in and get a bigger size though like I always used to as nearly 3 stone smaller and really need to get a new one now as the too small ones are now hanging off me! X

My holiday pics in July I looked awful :(
No more never going back there again !!! And having 4 autistic sons don't know what help they'll need in the future I intend to be around for them for many years

Attachments

• image-1793593349.jpg
    image-1793593349.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 111
  • image-198428952.jpg
    image-198428952.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 101
I’ve always flitted between feeling horrified by my size, convincing myself I couldn’t do anything about it due to the PCOS, and loving myself for who and what I am – a bit Jekyll/Hyde! I’d become accustomed to strangers saying things in the street as it happened at least once a week, and I’d become paranoid that ever time anyone laughed it was at me. On a couple of particularly bad days it crossed my mind that if I had an accident or something, I’d be in hospital so the burden of my food choices wouldn’t be mine, and for a split second the idea seemed pleasant. I knew that wasn’t healthy so I made an appointment with a dr.

The dr recommended I tried Xenical, which I did for about 4/5 weeks, losing a total of 4lb, however despite being 100% on it I got terrible migraines, the floored me – so I came off it. And ate my way back 4lb and then some! I got a discounted gym membership, but I couldn’t physically bring myself to do what the trainer recommended carrying so much weight on my 5’3 frame, so slacked off and stopped going. A few months later I sold my house (had been a real weight around my neck) and moved in with my boyf, meaning I had a little spare cash. There wasn’t a lightbulb as such, but my boy had been on SW before and lost 4st, had put 1 back on and wanted to lose it again - so it just seemed like a natural time / place to do it. I’ve lost just over a stone so far since end of Sept, and already notice that the paranoid feelings have gone (excluding hormonal days!), I’m feeling more like me than I had in a fair while. Long may it continue!

A couple of things over the last year or so...
Wanting a baby and realising I had to be (or wanted to be) in the best shape possible..
Seeing photos of me at christmas looking bloody massive. The kind of photos that make you hide in the toilet and cry.
Enough was enough.. but it still took me 9 months to join, how I wish I had joined straightaway can only imagine where I'd be now!

xMandyDx said:
Oh a compilation of things. Being terrified after a night out that someone would tag me in a pic and I would be confronted with my size in full color.
Walking into a "skinny shop" with my best friend and sticking close as I could to her, because if someone had seen me wandering around it on my own, they'd mentally laugh, and ask themselves what in the hell I was doing in there?!
Never having anything sit right when I wear it.
Being out of breath just by climbing the stairs at a regular speed.
Realising that I'm never going to feel comfortable with myself, because even I hate looking at my body in the mirror, so how could the OH feel attracted to me?
Actually putting an azz-groove in my new couch!!! Homer Simpson!!!!
Having so many beautiful shoes and not being able to wear most of them, because I'm simply too heavy and my feet get too sore.

Gosh thought I had already posted for a minute! These are all my reasons! Except the groove is in my mattress! Having got tagged in a photo at a festival recently and instantly de-tagging myself so my old school friend couldn't see how bad I looked was my lightbulb moment. I couldn't keep up with monitoring what went out there!

My reasons are so extensive, I could write an essay. And to be honest I don't have the desire to dredge up those emotions. I'm just happy that I'm not there anymore. I'm happier and fitter and I know I'll never go back there.

All of the above, well apart from wanting a baby!!!

But what has helped me is that I'm in a job I love, and I don't need to eat to escape work!

I'm a bit upset that certain people who have supported me throughout so much aren't very supportive in this, in fact my best friend has taken to making rude comments, but then she has wasted her life on one diet or another!

I have found Sometimes the jealousy of those around us, seeing the physical change is making us slimmer, prettier, more confident etc etc, can be quite hard to take. Also lifelong dieters can be ridiculed in an "on not again" manner by others when we need the complete opposite which is belief and support... :)

Back