what was your worst fat moment

not a specific moment.. but when you go round to other peoples houses and they have wicker (or however its spelt) furniture.. and like.. all i think is.. "omg.. this is straw!!! it has goooot to break".. thankfully it hasnt happened.. but i always worry.. lol..

x x x

splitting not one but two pairs of trousers in two different nightclubs:( one i didnt even have a jacket to cover my bum hanging out. Also being asked to come off a ride in chessington becuase we were too heavy:( Also in summer the rubbing of inner thighs so painful.

I am so glad I'm nearly 5 stone lighter than I was when all that happened:D

I didn't so much have bad fat moments as good thin ones.

When you are thin you realise little things that give you a boost. It might be that a person gets on a semi-crowded train carriage and sits next to you, because there is the most amount of room in the seat next to you compared to all the other spare seats, because you are the slimmest.

Or you go into a shop or something and the 22 year old cute bloke with spiky hair appears to be flirting with you...and you think, he can't be, but you realise he's hitting on you even though you are 30 and 6 months ago would have been invisible to him. (I'm married but its still a confidence boost!!!)

Or your size 14 combats that you've been trying to get extra mileage out of fall to your ankles in Tesco's car park.

Its all good, lol.

oooh. the inner thigh rub, that was a deciding moment too. Just 2st down and already there is an improvement in that department. Also I knealt on a chair in a pub, and it broke in half! Not funny then although I did laugh out of embarrasment.

the feeling that when something embarrasing happens.. me.. being larger.. needs to laugh.. so people think im not bothered.. but i guess maybe if i was thinner.. and something happened.. i wouldnt have to laugh.. cos people would be like.. "oooh.. thats a dangerous *insrt broken thing*.. and it wouldnt be blamed on weight.. lol...
i think that came out all mixed up.. LOL

x x

Hoping a lift with maximum number of people in it is going to move ~ there is always that delay when you think everyone else in the lift is thinking "she's probably weighs the same as two people".

With regard to thigh rubbing, can I suggest Mothercare Baby Liquid Talc? I think it's great.

Nikki the thighs burn like hell for days on end:( I hope to god I never get back to that ever again. I actually carry around a photo of me at my largest in my handbag so it reminds me never to get back to that ever again xx

asking for aeoplane extenstion belt morto!!! also once at the doctors and she was like sit down and i wouldnt fit in the chair omg wanted the floor to swallow me up there and then but i got dd to sit there and i took her seat so dont think doctor noticed. oh and another time i was trying on a top in evans and got STUCK i had to be cut out of the top!! serious omg it was awful avoided the shop ever since. they were nice about it though i said i would pay for the top.

hope ye are in the stiches laughing at me now!!

Mine must be the day before I got married and we had booked a skidoo tour into the wilderness and had to wear snowsuits. The guy was handing them out and none would fit me, couldn't get them to fit my huge thighs. I had to keep going back to him to change them I eventually broke down in tears as everyone else was dressed and ready. My sil to be went and got me another (the fifth I think) and I managed to squeeze into it.
We had booked a dog sled ride for just after we were married, so I was dreading it, but I just said to the guy give me the largest you have (after a few vodkas) so ended up with a xxxl snowsuit with legs a foot too long!

i once went paintballing.. and you have to wear these boiler suit type of things.. i was sooooo scared that none were gonna fit me.. sooo terrified.. thankfully it did... not with much room spare though.. lol..
x x

When i went to work in macdonalds and they only had outfits too small for me in womens and he tried to give me a large mans....

My legs chaffing so badly in the heat for the first time i went to the chemist to get something for it and she near on shouted "oh you have a rash from them rubbing together- you need some nappy rash cream"

Laying in a bunkbed in a hostel, in a room shared with 6 other people and not being able to stop sobbing despite knowing how uncomfortable they must have felt. I just kept thinking about my life wondering how the hell i was going to carry on this unhappy and wondering if it was worth it- the worst night of my life ever and i never ever want to feel like that again!!

xxx

I can't think of one particular moment, but there a a number of things.
The thigh rub! OUCH. Having to wear tights in Gran Canaria in July, just to TRY and releve it!
Being asked to get off a theme park ride.
Having to ask for an exstension belt on a plane.
Sitting on a chair with sides, having to wedge yourself in, so when you stand up, the chair is attached to you!
Going to attractions and not knowing if you'll fit. (I wouldnt go to Wookey Hole caves on holiday just incase there was a really small cave and I wouldnt fit!)
Weak looking furniture always scares the life out of me!

My life will be so much better when I'm thin!

i once went paintballing.. and you have to wear these boiler suit type of things.. i was sooooo scared that none were gonna fit me.. sooo terrified.. thankfully it did... not with much room spare though.. lol..
x x

It's things like that I won't go to or join in with, through sheer and utter fear of the clothes not fitting. Id die of shame.

yES ANOTHER ONE!! There were 4 families of us together going on a canoe trip in wales. 3 of my BIL are Big lads, not fat, but over 6ft and could play rugby. I'm 5ft 5'' and can't. When the cow in the lifejacket shop handed out the jackets she gave the other women small and medium, and I was expecting a medium myself, but no. The coW handed me an XXL! I asked if she had got that right and she looked me up and down and said 'I thinkso don't you?. I tried it on and the tops of the shoulders came up way past my ears! WE all howled with laughter! She didn't. So I said, 'look if you feel like that give me a large, so that if I do fall overboard then I won't slip out of the bottom!'
I wasn't that fat then about 12st I guess, so it was totally not needed, but it did give me a shock in case I Was bigger than I thought.

being on a plane and worrying if the belt was going to fit [ never happened ]

being in a public restroom and feeling the rubbish bin with my hip

never again.....................

Or being in a public loo, with a big door, so when you open it and try and walk in, you end up trying to manouvre round it without stepping/falling in the toilet pan!

omg nikki.. that woman was soooo mean.. made me go.. "oooooh.. oh no she didnt"..
some people are just like that arent they..

x x x

I can't think of one particular moment, but there a a number of things.
The thigh rub! OUCH. Having to wear tights in Gran Canaria in July, just to TRY and releve it!
Being asked to get off a theme park ride.
Having to ask for an exstension belt on a plane.
Sitting on a chair with sides, having to wedge yourself in, so when you stand up, the chair is attached to you!
Going to attractions and not knowing if you'll fit. (I wouldnt go to Wookey Hole caves on holiday just incase there was a really small cave and I wouldnt fit!)
Weak looking furniture always scares the life out of me!

My life will be so much better when I'm thin!
the part that will be better , is how you feel about yourself......... Its all it takes.

Back