what was your worst fat moment

I started this diet as my 7 yr old daughter said ' you've got a baby in your tummy haven't you mum?' well, no actually I hadn't.
I've also knelt on a chair and smashed the seat.

Funny how, whatever happens its never because of the weight though - I think its called denial.
It was because the sizes are wrong...chair is cheap....it was TOTM....got me from the wrong angle...the waist is too tight ( hence the hideous overhang) and my favourite for me ...the trousers aren't deep enough crotch to waist, which is why my butt hangs out of the top.
x

Cringeworthy............

What gets to me is the way the fabric of my trousers rustles when I walk, especially jeans, anouncing my arrival to the world.
Worst though is when I'm wearing a skirt and the tights rustle.

High up there too is climbing stairs with a slim person (especially a man) behind me. I have walk faster than is comfortable so my unfitness doesn't show and hold my breath so my laboured breathing can't be heard. On the verge of passing out, I then duck into the loos and lean, heavily breathing, against the door. And it must be the disabled loo so nobody follows me in.

Despite having been very fat for years, I can never judge my size and keep knocking things of shelves if I have to squeeze by.

And I hate people on busses who try and "make room" for themselves by pushing and shoving you against the window.

Looking forward to reading Dietgirl. I nearly wet myself laughing reading your messages. Now that would've been embarassing. I'm sure someone would have found it appropriate to spread rumours about fat related incontinence.

im with you on the stairs thing.. Although (some how.. i dont know how).. i can run up stairs.. when i get to the top of the stairs.. I die.. lol.. I try to breath in through my nose so no one can hear me pant.. lol..

x x x

The other fat moments that really get me are when people feel they can pass comments on your size when they are as ugly as a smacked arse.I wish I had the confidence to stand up to them

Yep, I understand that but unfortunately as well as being fat I am also as ugly as a well-smacked arse, so what really upsets me is when I'm called greedy even though I live on salads and stuff whilst the the name caller tucks into greasy fish and chips from the local Big John's every lunchtime GRRRR :mad:

oh I forgot about this one, well think I'd deliberately blanked it out

When I was in hospital after my hysterectomy in May 2006, I had to have 6 nurses help me out of bed to sit in a chair, cos I was too heavy for 2 to do it. The anaesthetist told me that I was at very high risk during my operation, which scared the crap out of me, again, because of my weight. Even though when I came out of hospital I was about a stone lighter and 4 sizes smaller, I still came out feeling like a fat pig cos of the way the nurses treated me about my weight

I have a kind of Fat Blank. I get shocked when I see your BMIs here because in my eyes, looking at galleries and photos, none of you seem that big too me. I quite honestly don't really notice weight on other people, unless it's *extreme*.

But I notice it big time on myself, even though I'm only 2 stone overweight. To me, I look huge.

the absolute worse for me was when I was going out with this guy and I caught him cheating on me, so of course he turned it round on me and said that he wants to be with a girl that he can stand too look at, not someone big and fat like me. I coulda died, in fact I nearly did. :(

What a b******- you are well rid girl.
Bet he had tiny apparatus......?

i cant single out a bad moment in particular, but i hate it when you go on a plane and the meal tray wont lie flat because of your tummy,so embarassing

the absolute worse for me was when I was going out with this guy and I caught him cheating on me, so of course he turned it round on me and said that he wants to be with a girl that he can stand too look at, not someone big and fat like me. I coulda died, in fact I nearly did. :(

What an A** Well I could think of stronger words but I might get banned. You're well rid hon!

Some little chavs shouting 'get out the road you fat t***' at me, in front of my boyfriend.

The way people were staring at me on holiday at dominican republic 2 years ago when i was at my heaviest of 19.5stone.

Always thinking I will break things when I sit on them...at the zoo with my friends last year and they thought I was being a miserable so and so coz i didnt join in when they legged it to the kids swings (lol) I was just afraid of breaking it.

Meeting OH's parents for 1st time, sat in garden in deck chairs (really what are those things about) and mine was creaking under my weight, I daren't move in case I broke it, and his dad even made a comment about the creaking, so embarassing.

Can totally relate to alot of what eveyone's saying on here...hopefully keeping us all motivated though!!

xx

i wish i remembered these fat moments today. I had a row with my mum and i comforted myself with fish 'n' chips :( suppose the only good thing is i had only half the fish and a handful of chips cos i couldn't manage it.

I can't believe it.

And yep, i'm deffo well rid of that idiot. he was a psycho. he'd say all of that then still call me. i changed my number cos of him.

Going to Cyprus and getting on the plane and thinking that the seat wouldnt fit. Then when the seat did fit, the belt didnt fit, and because I didnt know that you could get an 'extra' bit, I at first, tried to hide the fact the belt wouldnt go round me. But there was a nice lady who said that you could have a 'maternity belt' which they gave me. (how embarrassing)

Going to the Valley of the Kings in Egypt and walking down the first tomb. It was really small and narrow and I walked down it fine. It was getting up it again was the problem. There were loads of people behind me and it was literally a brick wall to walk on. I couldnt breathe when I got to the top. I had to bend over and people were watching me. Probably laughing at the fat ***** :p

Going to frankie and bennies and when they sit us on the seats that dont move and then I have to quietly ask my bf to ask if they could move us and the rest of the group dont know why. They probably figured it out in the end

Going into meetings at work and not being able to squeeze past the gap to sit behind someone and having to ask for them to move in and everyone is looking

gosh there is many, that's just a few!

Yep, I understand that but unfortunately as well as being fat I am also as ugly as a well-smacked arse

Please, please don't say that about yourself. I'm sure it isn't true.

I do know whre you're coming from though as I feel very similar. I have lost over eight stone but still don't have the confidence to post any picutes of myself - I don't know if I ever will.

Whilst on holiday, going into a restaurant and sitting in a wicker chair that is supposed to be moulded around your bum and both dh and I looking at each other and laughing as we both got firmly stuck in the chairs.

Back